Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

New driver works well!!!

Posted by: user34817 | Sat 2nd May 2009 20:57 | Last Reply

Hi,

I tried out a couple of new drivers today - the Callaway Big Bertha Diablo and the Callaway FTiQ.

I was really impressed with FTiQ and in the end decided to treat myself to one, oh how happy I am now!

I made my way straight to the golf course (after already playing 9 earlier in the day where my driving was very iffy) and could not believe how I was driving with the new club.

We played 18 holes and I think I missed the fairway a couple of times but not by too much and the rest of the drives were very long and very straight.  I can really put some power in to my drives now which I was worried about doing before.  The stiff shaft and the fact that the shaft is slightly shorter gives me a lot of confidence.

There is nothing like watching your ball disappearing up the middle of the fairway and hopefully I will be seeing this a lot more in my game in the future.

Happy driving!

re: New driver works well!!!
user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 2nd May 2009 21:03

Happy driving indeed!

Long may it continue

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 2nd May 2009 21:14

I do hope this is 'The Club' for you and it's not just a case of your confidence being high with your new driver.

You are so correct when you say there is nothing like watching the ball flying down the fairway.

Carry on hitting those fairways.

Russ

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 2nd May 2009 23:05

Paul, you are so correct with what you say.

I'd give up thirty yards of distance if I could guarantee being in the middle of the fairway!

Russ

user34817
Reply : Sun 3rd May 2009 08:15

I would definately take a 200 yarder down the middle over 270 in the rough any day.  I note what you have said Russ regarding renewed confidence with the new driver and I am hoping that it wasn't just a one off.  I think the new club definately made a major difference as I didn't hit a bad shot with it all day, just a couple slightly off line.  I shall be back up the course as soon as I can and will see what happens.

user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 3rd May 2009 08:25

Well, if it is the club that is suited to you, then watch that handicap of yours drop!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top