Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

The Radar

Posted by: user27116 | Tue 28th Apr 2009 11:16 | Last Reply

OK so i saw this "The Radar - accurately measure your shot distance" advertised/linked from places all over the GS site, just wondered what anyones opinion on one would be - useful tool at the range perhaps?

* not a spam post, not related to company or product just interested in peoples opinions.

Last edit : Tue 28th Apr 2009 11:18
re: The Radar
user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 28th Apr 2009 12:25

Its nothing that GPS or even eyesight cant do reasonably well.

In my opinion 

user26342
Reply : Tue 28th Apr 2009 19:46

Mark,

Up until recently when I got myself a GPS I used the old fashion trundle wheel to measure my distances.

But if your interested in hi-tech gadgets like me then either a GPS or a Range finder like the Bushnell's will do the same job.

John.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 28th Apr 2009 19:46

The one thing I don't like about it, apart from the price is where you have to place it while hitting golf balls.

You have to place it about 8 to 10 inches away from the ball and about 8 to 10 inches in front of the ball.

Now one bad swing or connection with your golf ball and the radar unit ends up going down the range, probably shouting out the distances as it goes!

Russ

user52922
Reply : Tue 28th Apr 2009 19:50

I really cannot see why anyone would wish to use one of these. So at the end of the shot it tells you how far it went. Great, now what do you do with the information?

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 28th Apr 2009 20:56

For me, the important thing is not "How far did the last one go?" but more "How far does the next one have to go?"

user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 29th Apr 2009 10:01

I agree.

A GPS would be much more usefull as not only can you calculate how far (approx) you hit each iron, whilst out on the course you can see how far you have to go (and in some GPS gadgets it will even advice on which iron to play!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top