Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

A strange day

Posted by: user115937 | Sun 19th Apr 2009 21:01 | Last Reply

Started out playing this afternoon at 1:15pm as a solo player, by the 3rd hole I'd caught up to a 3 ball in front of me...they asked me if I'd like to join them and I said "yeah thanks a lot".  So we went around and by the 6th hole one of the chaps had to leave the group, progress was slow out on the course and we were waiting around quite a lot on the tees because of slow play ahead.  Anyway, after the 9th, the guys I was playing with said they were going to play the front 9 again to get out of the queue of players that was forming.  I thanked them for their company and I went off to play the back 9 with them heading down to the 1st tee again.

Anyway, waiting on the 10th, a couple of young lads that were playing behind my group strolled up and I asked them if they wanted to join up which they did.  Again, great company and could one of these lads hit a ball....jeez! 

So, a strange day all told, what with players coming and going and just under a 4.5 hour round, I didn't break my best score on this course but did get my first ever birdie on a par 3 which I was pleased with.  If only I could get my H/C to drop, I know I'm close but just not getting enough low scores to make that reduction happen.  Oh well!

re: A strange day
user81455
Reply : Sun 19th Apr 2009 23:32

Interesting to read your two posts.  When I started playing again about three years ago I started most of my rounds as a singleton and enjoyed either playing on my own or linking up with others on the course.  As time has gone on I have found regular playing partners through these chance meetings on the course and now start nearly all rounds in a two or three ball. 

However all my regular playing partners are off on various holidays over the next month so I will be starting some rounds on my own and your two posts have reminded me how enjoyable that can be as long as you are willing to be patient and open to join up with others.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top