Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golfing Fitness

Posted by: user217826 | Sat 18th Apr 2009 10:52 | Last Reply

Hi All

This is my first post on here so be gentle J

Im not sure if this is in the right forum but never mind 

I have been injured for a few months (non golf related) and unable to play golf, im now on the road to recovery and as part of my route back to fitness ive decided to research and write a book on golf fitness in particular.

I have noticed a lot of fitness questions golfers generally have relating to hamstrings/back pain this is something I suffer with after 18 holes so will be keen to get some good solutions!

Apart from the above what are your general golf fitness questions?

What would you like to see in the book?

In return for your help I will let you have a copy of the book when its done J

Thanks 

re: Golfing Fitness
user52922
Reply : Sat 18th Apr 2009 11:05

Are there any solutions? if there are I would love to hear about them myself as I am struggling in continuing to play this wonderful game with my body falling to pieces.

user79118
Reply : Sun 19th Apr 2009 06:01

Hi Darren,

I suffer from Sciatica but have become used to recognising the signs of it starting again. As soon as I fee the first tingle I take my anti inflammatory tablets but this does not usually stop me playing golf. I become restricted in my swing (can't follow through properly). It might be all the turning that a body does during a round of golf that helps me because I generally feel less pain in my back after a game than I do before a game. Is it the exercise that is easing my Sciatica? I don't know but it certainly seems to help me. Good enough excuse to go for a knock if you ask me.

user50354
Reply : Mon 20th Apr 2009 11:12

Diabetic boy here since November 2008. A fitness programme to help my condition would be cool.

Already do gym 3 nights per week and golf once a week. However after playing 2 games and driving over 200 miles to play them I feel as if I have been introduced to one of our riot police pushers this morning.

user25268
Reply : Mon 20th Apr 2009 20:24

For mobility try The Science of stretching written by Michael J Alter m.s. a gymnastic coach,and  an exellent book.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top