Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

New to London, looking for cheap, decent courses to play?

Posted by: user217421 | Fri 17th Apr 2009 05:34 | Last Reply

Hello everyone.  I will be moving to London next week from Canada for the summer. I need some help finding reasonably priced, but yet, decent golf to play while I am in the U.K. this summer.  Also, if anyone wants to meet up for a round in mid-May, once I have things sorted I would be glad.  Hope to hear back, and thanks in advance. 

-Gord

re: New to London, looking for cheap, decent courses to play?
user41897
Reply : Fri 17th Apr 2009 07:49

Good to see you on the site - you will get plenty of advice from these guys.

There are plently of courses in and around London.  It depends on where in London you are and how far you want to travel for particular course recommendations.   

I play most of my golf through websites - either this one for friendly(!?) competitions and increasilngly social games and also other webistes - plenty of options.

If you can make it round to the North East side of London (Essex) you'll find the Russ has organised a Summer League playing at various courses in Essex once a month.  You'd meet great golfers of varying standards through that.  Details are available through the 'Play Golf' tab here.  Russ will comment I'm sure. The next one is on 17th may at Toot Hill.  I've not played there but will try and get along as it one I've not played before.

There are various other events you could join such as the gTour events (also through the 'play golf' tab) and one off's like the golfshake open.

If you are after just social games then you find people on will be up for games and will be up for it.

You're in the right place anyway.

Have a good trip over.

Andy 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top