Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Cleaning Brush

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Fri 10th Apr 2009 20:27 | Last Reply

I've recently lost my little cleaning brush that I used to carry around with me in my golf bag.

I purchased another one and I realised that I have never used the wire brush part!

I would never use the wire brush part on my clubs so does anyone know what it's used for?

Seeing as I never use the wire brush part why do they not just sell the brush with only the nylon bristles?

All the wire brush part seems to do for me is catch my fingers as I'm cleaning my clubs!

Russ

re: Cleaning Brush
user52922
Reply : Fri 10th Apr 2009 20:47

The wire brush is to clean the grooves on the face of your irons, Russ.

user52922
Reply : Fri 10th Apr 2009 20:49

I have one of those, David, but being the lazy golfer I very rarely use it.

user118394
Reply : Fri 10th Apr 2009 20:54

i have 1 to russ.use mine all the time like jp says the wire part is for the grooves.

i sometimes use it to make myself slow down over shots.think they are a great idea.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 10th Apr 2009 21:02

Yep I also use wire brush to clean grooves and think dirt on sole if I forget to wipe clean when dirt wet. 

Not sure why, doesn't help my golf,  or maybe that's because I never get out to play

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 11th Apr 2009 18:47

The reason I don't use the wire brush part is that I would have thought that over time it would have damaged the face of the club.

I clip a small towel to my belt when playing and always wipe my club before it goes back into my bag.

If I do take a heavy divot then I would normally stand on the next tee and use a tee to clean the grooves, before using the nylon part of the brush.

If I'm near to a ditch or pond then I would wash my club before wiping it.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top