Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ian Poulter joins golfshake.com

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Thu 9th Apr 2009 15:20 | Last Reply

Ian Poulter tracks his scores on golfshake ! The Ryder Cup star has joined the mass ranks of our community - buddy up with him to keep up to date with how he shoots at all of his tournaments.

All at golfshake.com wish him well over the coming weekend and look forward to watching him compete in the US Masters.

To keep upto date with Ian's progress, buddy up and track his scores and read his live blog over Masters weekend.

Last edit : Fri 24th Apr 2009 16:03
re: Ian Poulter joins golfshake.com
user24437
Reply : Thu 9th Apr 2009 15:46

As I said before, he's not getting in the Northern team until he's submitted 3 rounds!

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 9th Apr 2009 15:53

Welcome aboard Ian.  There's plenty of people on here who will be able to give you some advice to help you get your handicap down........

user24437
Reply : Thu 9th Apr 2009 16:00

Shows the quality of players on the site, he doesn't make into onto the virtual leaderboard!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 9th Apr 2009 16:01

He's not entered enough qualifying rounds yet Tim.  The weekend should sort that out.

user41897
Reply : Thu 9th Apr 2009 17:36

I'm sure he'd learn plenty reading these forums !?

user69191
Reply : Thu 9th Apr 2009 19:41

For those who prefer not to pay ridiculous amounts of money to watch TV, Poults is at Amen Corner live now on http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/7986370.stm

Paul

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 10th Apr 2009 18:53

Glad to see that Ian has joined us here at GolfShake.

I'm not going to be a golf snob, so he's welcome to ask me to be his buddy!

Will he be wearing a GolfShake cap at the masters?

Russ

user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 11th Apr 2009 10:06

Perhaps a small badge?

user99350
Reply : Sat 11th Apr 2009 12:27

It looks like Wayne Santorini has a fashion rival?

By the way I have a bit of a dilemma. I saw a demo club yesterday... a Nike Red V (I think that was the name... a very compact blade club) and was blown away by the shape and feel. I should've asked to  hit a few but didn't. Apparently they're retailing at £650 whch includes custom fitting and to tell you the truth I think I'm smitten. Please tell me if you know anything about these clubs which will force me not to buy.

Last edit : Sat 11th Apr 2009 12:30
user52922
Reply : Sat 11th Apr 2009 12:46

All the info you require, Patrick. The blade is a muscle back design and the lofts are very powerful.

http://www.nike.com/nikegolf/europe/victoryred/

user99350
Reply : Sat 11th Apr 2009 13:32

John, yes thanks, they're the ones. As ever I'm interested in your opinion. What you think of them?. To me they're slightly smaller heads than my current TM tour peferred but as soon as I grounded the 6 iron demo. I was totally impressed. The pro said that they were a 'stronger' club ie I thought the 6 iron looked like a 7 iron but I hit it high anyway.

Last edit : Sat 11th Apr 2009 13:38
user52922
Reply : Sat 11th Apr 2009 14:14

It is very difficult to give an opinion on something that I have never swung,Patrick, but I liked the design of the blade as the muscle back is not that pronounced. I was a little disappointed with the wedge being 45 deg leaving a 5 deg gap between all the wedges. I prefer them to be a little tighter myself, but then I suppose that is personal choice.

You are a good player so I am quite sure that you would be able to take advantage of the qualities this club will have.

A player of your ability should be looking for a lower more penetrating ball flight, as it is extremely difficult to control the distance of a shot that has been launched into orbit.

These clubs also have a very large range of workability compared to the other two models shown. Essential for the player aiming for single figures. Perhaps these may just tip the balance in your favour and we will see you achieving this milestone very shortly. Good luck.

user99350
Reply : Sat 11th Apr 2009 14:41

John, thanks for your comments, especially about the ball height (I've struggled with this from day 1). I think I'll grasp the nettle and have a few shots but will remember the 'stronger' iron issue.  

Last edit : Sat 11th Apr 2009 14:48
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 11th Apr 2009 17:52

Have you seen Oulton Hall have a Nike Academy and custom fit centre.

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/1075/Oulton_Hall_UKS_first_Nike_Golf_Academy.html

user99350
Reply : Sun 12th Apr 2009 10:38

Thanks Darren.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 12th Apr 2009 13:07

Seeing as Ian has now joined us here shall I put him down for a place in the Romford Summer League 2009 game next Sunday at Blakes GC?

We'll soon drag him down to our level....   

Russ

Last edit : Sun 12th Apr 2009 13:07
user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 12th Apr 2009 14:51

Im sure that he is otherwise engaged lol!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top