Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

From good to worst and then even worst and now better

Posted by: user89993 | Tue 31st Mar 2009 11:09 | Last Reply

Hi, I haven't been on the forum for a while. I thought I share this with you as you may understand what I am trying to say.

About a month ago I played a round and had a really good game. My driving was just excellent and the guys playing with me were really impressed. I had two really bad holes where I hit 9 on each hole which really ruined my game score. I hit a 100.

Following two rounds of 9 holes after that my game switched my game. Every T shot was a hook and from there on the game was not there at all. I just could not see what I was doing wrong.

The other day I went for a full round and the front 9 I hit a 58. It felt like I was playing when I first started playing the game. Then when we got to the back 9, something within me said open your stance a bit. I realised that for some reason I had been standing in a closed stance without really knowing that I was doing this. The moment I took my T shot, it felt so natural and a good feeling that the ball landed on the fringe of the green. I hit a nice 48 in the back 9 and the only unfortunate thing was that I hit a 9 on one of the holes.

I can't wait to get out again and see what I can achieve now as I feel my game is really coming along.

Thought I share this.

re: From good to worst and then even worst and now better
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 31st Mar 2009 11:28

Shame you are Greater London based we could team up for the North in the North vs South in 2 weeks time.  My game is very similar and we would make a great pair matchplay team

I too play like this.  Played a links course the other day for the first time and shot 48 going out with 2 7's in very mild windy conditions.   But when the wind completely stopped on the back 9 I hit 56

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top