Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My Driver Swing

Posted by: user204293 | Mon 30th Mar 2009 22:25 | Last Reply

As I'm constantly messing with my swing trying to get something consistent that is easy to repeat I decided I'd better have a look at what I'm actually doing. Qualities a bit crap though.

Noticed my stance is slightly closed so something I'll need to look at when I play as it may be creeping in without me noticing. I also have a tendency to slightly over swing past parallel which I never realised until I looked at a mirror.

My main aim is to get a fairly flat plan and than start the swing with the hips and let the rest follow realeasing the hands through impact.

Slow version

Last edit : Mon 30th Mar 2009 22:25
re: My Driver Swing
user71987
Reply : Fri 3rd Apr 2009 16:39

Mark,

To me it looks like you're trying to smash the sh*t out of the ball a little too much. I used to have the same problem. I have learnt to control my swing more and am much more consistent.

Incidentaly, you do look as though you are "reaching" a little too much.  Alas I have an engineering background and look at things differently.

If you swing fast and hard enough, inertia will push your arms away from your body, which is why I suspect you have to reach. Slow it down a bit and you won't need to reach so much on address.

re: My Driver Swing
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 3rd Apr 2009 17:23

One thing I notice is that you appear to be 'Reaching' for the ball, your hands are too far away from your body.

Get somebody to stand behind the target line and they can tell you if your hands are under your chin.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top