Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf Shoes - Recomendations?

Posted by: user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 23rd Mar 2009 20:24 | Last Reply

Discovered on Sunday that the sole of one of my shoes was split, meaning I need to replace them.  I've been wearing Adidas Powerbands for the last 15 months and have found them pretty comfortable (although they took a couple of rounds to break in).  I do have wide feet though so need something that either is a wide fitting or has one as an option (I had the wide fitting Powerbands). 

So, what do you recommend?

re: Golf Shoes - Recomendations?
user26342
Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 20:27

Chris,

Try a pair of Footjoy Dryjoys or any pair of footjoy's for that matter. You won't be dissapointed.

John.

user24437
Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 20:30

Love my Footjoy AQL's - may even be up for a second pair soon - even the wear a bit.

user52922
Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 20:38

Splash the cash and invest in a nice pair of Footjoy Classics, expensive but will last a lifetime.

user26342
Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 21:16

David,

I don't think the 360's would suit Chris as he has very wide feet. I have a pair of the 360's in the regular fit & I've got very narrow fit & they fit me quite snuggly.

John.

user26342
Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 21:27

I know but you have to get them ordered in & most retailers don't stoke these sizes. If the retailer doesn't mind ordering them on the basis that if they don't fit you can take them back or not buy them in the first place then not a problem.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 21:29

I tried the 360's when I got the Powerbands.  I found the wrap that goes under and around the arch of the foot really uncomfortable.  Appreciate the suggestion though as I've heard good things about them. 

Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 21:47

For me, comfort is one of the key things I will be looking for, especially since I carry.  I couldn't even walk in the 360's!  I'm sure they are a good shoe and the wrap does a great job, but they just aren't right for me. 

Anyone tried the Ecco or Bite?  I've heard they're making good shoes now.  I'm sure Imelda Santorini will be able to offer some advice on this. 

user77012
Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 22:05

Ecco.s very good Chris I used them for a couple of seasons I also  have a couple of pairs of Ecco casual shoes really comfy. I'm on my third pair of Hitec CDT's room for a wide foot and give great stability,I like the look of Adiddas shoes and have had several but they all  leaked, they changed them but its not the point. The Footjoys I have I tried all seem to loose their shape but I am quite heavy, lol. The CDT has always performed well.

user115085
Reply : Tue 24th Mar 2009 09:13

I have fairly wide feet and often struggle to find comfy shoes (golf or otherwise) went from a pair of Adidas to Nike Air "Revive", plenty of width, still supportive and not very expensive.

user71987
Reply : Tue 24th Mar 2009 09:21

Chris,

Tried footjoy, didn't really like them, too stiff and thought the quality was poor

Addidas gave me the same that you had. Pain along the outside of the foot due to the arch wrap.

Nike are like slippers, proper comfortable.

Callay X series are also very comfortable

Ecco, If you can afford them are superb.

user26342
Reply : Thu 26th Mar 2009 11:11

I thought Harrington wore Hi-Tech CDT's??

user77012
Reply : Thu 26th Mar 2009 12:05

I thought Harrington wore Hi-Tech CDT's??

Not only did he wear them he helped design and develop them ,hence the wide sole for extra stability in connecting to the ground. He has since jumped over to foojoy recently in a new sponsership deal.

user71987
Reply : Thu 26th Mar 2009 12:39

I tried a pair of his prototyes that he had played with a few years ago. I used to play with the marketing Director of Hi-Tech (southend on sea), not going through Paddy's bins!

looked pretty weird with bits cut out here and there and bits stuck on in other places. Not really part of the thread but thought I'd let you know.

user99350
Reply : Sun 29th Mar 2009 21:10

Chris, sorry for posting so late. I bought a pair of Addidas Z Traxion 'hyper' dry. They weren't and when they've been in the wet they smell like they've been left in the stray cats home litter tray. There was a programme on Watchdog about football boots made of the same material. They're comfortable and don't smell when it's dry.

user26342
Reply : Mon 30th Mar 2009 11:29

So what did you go for Chris??

Reply : Mon 30th Mar 2009 19:16

Got some Nike Air Max Revive for summer wear and I've ordered some DryJoy Tech for the British weather

user26342
Reply : Mon 30th Mar 2009 19:50

Oooooh check you out. Pity you won't get much out of the Nike's though, I've not heard of this 'summer' you talk of??

Reply : Tue 31st Mar 2009 18:17

My Powerbands were pretty good, but the new ones don't come in a wide fitting yet.  All types of 360 hurt my feet, even in wide (the saddle that goes underneath the arch of the foot). 

user122156
Reply : Tue 31st Mar 2009 22:49

Chris

I also apologise for the late posting but I'd have to agree with all who like the Nikeeees and I think you've made a good choice.

I myself have wide feet and got a pair last March for my birthday after searching for a long time for a wide and comfortable pair of shoes.

user127343
Reply : Fri 22nd May 2009 22:52

I wear Stuburt helium shoes. These are the most comfortable golf shoes I ever had. They are highly recommended and can be bought on fleabay for £50 or less,

regards,

Michael.

user79118
Reply : Mon 25th May 2009 20:16

My Adidas have finally decided to give in. They have been a very comfortable shoe for 2 years up to 3 rounds a week. Must have got about 200 rounds out of them. Don't know if thats good or bad but they have been used through all four seasons (all of them wet) and the uppers are just starting to peel away from the sole. Anyway, bought a pair of Footjoy Dryjoys. Wore them yesterday and came off after 18 holes on an undulating course and they felt like the most comfortable pair of slippers imaginable. Well happy with them.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top