Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Complaints about Golf Clubs!!!

Posted by: user10367 | Fri 20th Mar 2009 08:26 | Last Reply

Is there a ruling body that anyone can write to, to report a club for it's attitude or even the way they treat people.

I'm aware of the R&A but believe they only oversee the rules of the game

re: Complaints about Golf Clubs!!!
user71987
Reply : Fri 20th Mar 2009 08:41

The only thing you can do is write to the course Director.

What happened, spill the beans!

user99350
Reply : Fri 20th Mar 2009 10:18

I seriously doubt if anything would come from it, and even if you got a reply ithey'd just be paying lip service. I think it is down to how the club is structured, if it's privately owned and supply outstrips demand then they hold all the cards and it's in their interest to maintain the status quo.

user24437
Reply : Fri 20th Mar 2009 11:19

Don't think you'd get very far with any complaints Wayne.  They'll be affiliated to their relevant golfing union (EGU etc) but that's just for CONGU handicapping purposes.  If they are privately owned they can do what they want quite honestly, the only thing that will hurt them is if they start losing membership so that they have to change attitudes.

However, we all know that his will never happen because it's in most members interest to keep it as elitist as possible to keep the riff-raff away.  The only hope you have is to name and shame and hope that word of mouth (and the internet) will do the job for you.  We are going into hard financial times and sooner or later a lot of old traditional clubs are going to have to change their attitude or collapse, simply relying on 'we once staged the *** cup in 1926' is not going to help when they can't pay the ground staff.

I'm not against a certain amount of elitism, by allowing me to play their course I would of course obey their rules whether or not I agreed with them, that's only to be expected and shows respect both ways.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 20th Mar 2009 13:48

Wayne depends on what way and if they are affiliated to an official Union.  The EGU do have guidline policies but I guess as Tim states Private owned courses can do as they please so long as they don't break the law

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top