Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Marriot Forest of Arden

Posted by: user114929 | Fri 6th Mar 2009 19:46 | Last Reply

I thought I would review the Forest here.

2 main reasons, I've been playing there through the winter, and as a member's guest, the courses are excellent, both condition and value.

Although The Arden Course is Championship and very, very good. It is a little expensive, about £40-£45, and annoyingly, like most Marriot courses it ends with a Par3, its a good one, but.....

But they have The Ailsord, the members course. What a beauty. For £15 (with a member) It is The Arden, without the queues or the cost. And it finishes with a reachable Par5. The greens are lovely, a nice pace and generally very true, the fairways are well maintained and if I had 1 small moaned, it would be that the bunkers are a little bare. But playing today, I noticed that they were sanding several of them in preperation for the season.

Can't wait...... Either course at The Forest is well worth the effort, but for me The Ailsford is the gem.

Have fun

Adam McKeown

re: Marriot Forest of Arden
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 6th Mar 2009 20:04

Interesting Adam.  I personally felt a little let down by the Aylesford.  It starts off well and the front nine is good, but it just seems to run out of steam for me and the last four or five holes I found bland (except 18).  There was no complaint about the condition of the course, it just seemed to me that they'd got bored and couldn't be bothered to finish landscaping.  What's your thought on it?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top