Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

hi

Posted by: user205874 | Tue 3rd Mar 2009 00:04 | Last Reply

Hi everyone just joined this site

I am new golfer since october playing at West Malling Golf club anyone fancy  a game there drop me a message.

My main aim is to get under a 100 in the near future.

Learning and trying to hit the ball so it goes in the right direction.

Graham

re: hi
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 3rd Mar 2009 08:56

Hi Graham, and welcome aboard. 

Don't worry too much about what you score or how you play at the moment, just worry about enjoying it.  The good scores and consistent play will come with time and is something we all crave.  Problem is no matter how well you do it'll never be good enough!

There are lots of golfers on here down your way so I'm sure you'll find a game.  Crown Golf seems to be a popular thing down there so you may get games with people through that. 

user77012
Reply : Tue 3rd Mar 2009 11:14

Hi Graham. welcome to the game and the forum.

user26342
Reply : Tue 3rd Mar 2009 16:03

G,

submit your card (& 2 others) & this will go towards your first handicap.

John.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 3rd Mar 2009 16:14

Well done.  See, join the site and your scores start to tumble! 

I took 4 pars on Sunday afternoon and carded 92, so all you need to do is take a couple of the silly ones out and your handicap will start dropping as quick as your scores.  I've looked at your card and had you turned those four 7's into 6's you would've been celebrating a 95!  That's the way to look at it and the good scores will start coming in. 

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 3rd Mar 2009 18:10

Welcome to the site Graham.

Make sure you submit your scorecards and then you'll have a handicap to play from, and a target to beat!

Congratulations on breaking 100, now you've done it once you will find yourself doing it more often.

I might take you up on a round at West Malling GC, I've played the 'Hurricane' course but not the 'Spitfire' course.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top