Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

MD Irons - Advice

Posted by: user205799 | Tue 24th Feb 2009 17:36 | Last Reply

Hi, first post here. Noticed the site while searching for information on another set of clubs, thought the posts by members seemed very well informed and helpful so decided to sign up.

Im looking for any advice on the standard of MD clubs. Im a begginer golfer really (only recently taking up the game), never getting near par, and usually scoring around 25 over par.

The clubs in particular Im looking at are:

MD GOLF SUPERSTRONG GUNMETAL IRONS

and can be found quite easily in an internet search. Was just hoping for any extra information anybody may have about the clubs, how suited to a begginer looking to advance they are and also the value for money.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

B. Davids.

Last edit : Tue 24th Feb 2009 17:37
re: MD Irons - Advice
user24437
Reply : Tue 24th Feb 2009 19:33

In my opinion you can't fault MD as a brand.  I know they aren't fashionable, haven't got tour players on board or any of that nonsense but they are seriously good value for money.  Most of the mag reviews rate them as best 'budget' buys, but they often outperform their 'quality' rivals.  I'm obviously a bit biased, I've got an EQL driver (albeit with a better shaft), 3 and 5 woods and a 60 deg wedge.

And they're assembled in N. Ireland - got to fly the flag a bit.

user115937
Reply : Tue 24th Feb 2009 21:31

Hi Bob

I'm a relative newbie and last September I ventured out to buy my first set of clubs, I didn't do any homework other than knowing that Callaway's/Taylor Made's were out of my price range at that time.  I popped into your Nevada namesake and one of the Pro's in there showed me a Wilson set at £250 and an MD Golf set at £199 (my budget was about £200-£250 at the time).  After hitting the 7-iron/9-iron of each set (very badly I might add) I decided on the MD set.

Why?  I dont know really, could have been the price, but they felt solid and durable. I was only a beginner and didn't want to look like the bloke with "all the gear, no idea".

I'm really happy with the MD SureFire MKII set that I got (with stand bag) they've seen me through this far and I'm sure they will be with me for a fair while yet.

Matt

user99350
Reply : Tue 24th Feb 2009 22:26

I thought for a minute you had some old 1970's Wilson 1200's Now they were a club.

user26342
Reply : Wed 25th Feb 2009 09:27

I know Wayne, it's comical

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top