Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

swing progress

Posted by: user129155 | Thu 19th Feb 2009 10:11 | Last Reply

I visited my pro yesterday for a 1 hour computer video analysis session - This is done at the driving range and has all sorts of things you can chack and compare against pro swings.

Anyway - Firstly he checked my swing plane - on the downswing the club was at 55" and on the follow through it came out at 55" - exactly the way the videon Dave Ley posted on my last post.

Then the biggest fault was how I was using my body - he showed me ernie els' swing and at the point of impact you could see most of his arse as his hips had turned to face the target, mine were only very slightly past square, by the end I had it facing much the same as in els' and got a good late release - at first the ball was going right a little but after 20 balls I had started correcting it.

Then with the driver He told me I am hitting it far too hard, my arms are overpowering my swing, he showed me more examples and emphasised that my body and arms should be moving in conjunction - also to try and leave the release til much later in the swing - Although I was probs swinging it what seemed to be slower - the ball flight was great, not really high and more and I am now booming with confidence.

As for the new irons - they are no problem at all.

I can not wait for the 15th March now!

re: swing progress
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 19th Feb 2009 10:17

Let's see you get a couple of rounds in then and see how you do.  I'm pleased that your clubs are working well for you (despite some people suggestting elsewhere that you may not be good enough for them with your high handicap  ).  As long as you don't fear the course or your clubs on the 15th March you'll be fine.  It's just that first tee shot........  If it makes you feel better though, myself and Mr Williams only managed 50 yards between us off the tee last Friday!

re: swing progress
user129155
Reply : Thu 19th Feb 2009 10:27

I am playing at Linden Hall on Saturday which is a long and challenging course (weather permitting)

Ive decided i'm not going to be lacing anything on the course to back up previous claims of driver distance, I'll do it on range so I dont get called a fraud though :-)

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top