New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

sunglasses,cap or both

Posted by: user119312 | Wed 4th Feb 2009 18:21 | Last Reply

i was watchin the fbr open and most the pros wore both sunglasses and a cap

i was just wondering if you wear just sunglasses just a cap or both

re: sunglasses,cap or both
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 4th Feb 2009 18:35

I never used to wear a cap, but now I wouldn't be without one!

When I first started playing I never wore a cap/hat.  It didn't feel right and so I never bothered.

Then when I started playing on a regular basis and the sun shone (yes, it happens!) I needed the cap to help me see my/partner's golf ball.

So in my bag at the moment I have a cap, a woolie hat and a waterproof hat.  And normally I'll be wearing one or the other.  The only time I might not wear something on my head now is if it's warm and cloudy.

Sunglasses I've never worn on the golf course, but to be honest it might be worth trying.  I'd always be worried that they might fall off while I'm making my swing.  But I've played with people who wear glasses when they play and they don't seem to have this problem.

Russ

user79118
Reply : Wed 4th Feb 2009 19:41

Sunglasses and a cap. Only because I need glasses to see clearly but it just so happens they react to light and darken as necessary. I do get some funny looks in winter when there is a bright sun on a frosty morning and I have shades on!!!!

user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 4th Feb 2009 19:46

Im the same as you Chris. I wear glasses which have reactors in them so when the sun shines, they darken

Never wear a hat though - just dont feel right

user50354
Reply : Thu 5th Feb 2009 18:13

I wear either a beanie or a cap or a rain hat...

can't play without......

Glasses but not sun glasses

can't see without.......

user81455
Reply : Thu 5th Feb 2009 18:44

Fair skinned and need to wear glasses so I usually have some sort of head gear on wether its raining or sunny.  Don't have reactor glasses so always carry prescription sun glasses to use in very sunny conditions.  Over the last two years I have used them more in winter for low sun than in the summer for bright sun. 

user52922
Reply : Thu 5th Feb 2009 19:03

I wear a hat, need to wear glasses but cannot get on with them, so I cannot see where the ball goes.

user50354
Reply : Fri 6th Feb 2009 12:33

So how do you tuck them behind your ears...

user93554
Reply : Fri 6th Feb 2009 15:26

I can't play without a hat...even at the driving range!!  Wear sunglasses but only on my hat and could not hit a barn door while wearing them but put them on when putting...have found it easier to see the breaks on the green (only when sunny obviously).

user81455
Reply : Sat 7th Feb 2009 20:49

Further to my post above I will be wearing a very warm woolly hat over the next few weeks.  The wife cut my hair last night but forgot to put the attachment on the clippers for the first sweep across my head.  I now have about 1mm of fuzz on my head and will be needing something to keep my head warm.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top