Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Keeping Concentration levels up.

Posted by: user5342 | Fri 17th Nov 2006 09:56 | Last Reply

I find that 3/4 way through the round i tend to loose concentration badly. If im not on for a really good score I tend to get abit despondent. Not that its a major issue or anything, just wondered if theres any golfers out there with jedi levels of focus and calm!! Any good tips for staying focused?

re: Keeping Concentration levels up.
user21308
Reply : Fri 17th Nov 2006 13:54

The best tip I can give is put Darren Clarke�s The Mind Factor on your Christmas wish list. An excellent read and loads of tips on how to stay focused whilst playing.

The bit I remember, and try and keep too, is have a start and finish signal for each shot. You are actually only playing golf for about 45 minutes to an hour, the rest is just the walking, chatting etc.. Avoid wasting valuable mental energy, between shots.

Anyway a bloody good book, I highly recommend it.

user24437
Reply : Tue 21st Nov 2006 19:05

Bananas, chocolate and wine gums. You use much more energy than you think during a round and I've found that keeping blood sugar levels up really helps. Bananas are particularly good.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 27th Nov 2006 22:45

I think the food and drink helps me get round but doesn't neccesaryily help my golf :-)

Darren.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top