Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf begineer looking for a game - Warwickshire / Midlands

Posted by: user200087 | Tue 13th Jan 2009 20:39 | Last Reply

I have started learning to play golf since last August, now hooked on the game. Brought some new irons before xmas and need to get more experience on the course.

Any High / Mid handicappers looking for a game ? If so let me know 

re: Golf begineer looking for a game - Warwickshire / Midlands
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 13th Jan 2009 21:07

Hi Martin,

Welcome to the site and this (sometimes) wonderful game.  I live in Solihull and am always willing to have a game.  Where have you been playing your golf?

Reply : Wed 14th Jan 2009 09:39

Stop it children or you'll be sitting on opposite ends of the sofa in silence!

I've played three of those Martin - Widney Manor, Hilltop and Forest of Arden.  I can't speak for the others, but you haven't picked easy tracks to learn your golf on!  I learnt how to play a proper course at Hatchford Brook (on the A45 about 5 minutes from the M42).  It's a muni but probably one of the best kept ones I've come across.  It's flat, there's no water, a reasonable amount of variety but nothing too challenging.  My personal view is that it's a great course to learn on as you can think about your own golf rather than how to tackle the course.  You can also play the back 9 without booking for the first hour at weekends. 

I can't play this weekend but if you fancy a game there next week we can sort something out. 

Last edit : Wed 14th Jan 2009 09:51
Reply : Thu 15th Jan 2009 11:24

Hi Martin,

Paul had a mare last time he played there so I'm sure he will want to exorcise those demons (if the wife will let him out!).  I suggest Sunday morning with a reasonably early tee off (they open at 8:00) if that's OK with you.  There's also another guy, Steve Johnson (plays off 28), who may like to join us if you're OK with that. 

user69191
Reply : Thu 15th Jan 2009 17:04

I'd be up for a round at Hatchford Brook guys if there is any space available, which Sunday?

Paul

Reply : Thu 15th Jan 2009 21:06

Can't guarantee Steve will play Martin.  If you have a leisure card you will be able to book tomorrow morning.  If you don't, I have one and can book it for you. 

Reply : Fri 16th Jan 2009 09:55

Booked.  Earliest I could get was 9:08.  That's a four-ball for me, Martin, Paul W and Paul H on Sunday 25th Jan. 

user69191
Reply : Sun 18th Jan 2009 13:29

Thanks for booking this Chris, looking forward to meeting you all next Sunday

Paul

user249902
Reply : Fri 24th Jul 2009 10:58

Hi,

new to this site, and new to golf. I too am learning and would be more than happy to meet up for a round anywhere within 40 miles of Coventry. As am am not a memeber of a course I do not hold an official handicap, although my society handicap currently stands at 28, and will do so for some time the way it's going..lol

Regards

RN

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top