Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Trolley for my stand bag

Posted by: user73247 | Mon 5th Jan 2009 15:47 | Last Reply

Ok i've got a stand bag but it doesn't fit well into the trolley i have at the moment.  can anyone recommend me a trolley that would fit a stand bag well so it stopps moving around, i've gone through 4 sets of straps because i get frustrated trying to get it tight enough so the bag doesn't move.

Cheers

Gaz.

re: Trolley for my stand bag
user52922
Reply : Mon 5th Jan 2009 16:07

Stand bags were not designed to fit on trollies, Gaz.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 5th Jan 2009 16:24

The you should've got a cart bag you fool!  Seriously though, stand bags are the wrong shape for a trolley.  Cart bags are round and stand bags are oval, plus the legs get in the way too.  You'll have to mount it on it's side. 

user52922
Reply : Mon 5th Jan 2009 16:24

It is harder work with a trolley than it is carrying. I carried until I was 62.

user52922
Reply : Mon 5th Jan 2009 16:29

What is a fairway, Gaz, have problems myself with them.

user24437
Reply : Mon 5th Jan 2009 16:36

I've used several stand bags, I carry normaly now, but at one point they've all been on my little foldaway trolley without many problems.  My last Ram bag did need the help of a couple of heavy duty cable ties to stop it spinning but that took a couple of seconds to do.  I found that fitting some heavy duty D clips onto the carry strap (where it fits to the bag) makes getting it off in a jiffy easy too. 

user24437
Reply : Mon 5th Jan 2009 16:54

I much prefer carrying if you've got a decent bag, I've got the Nike Sasquatch Tour Bag and it's brilliant, the last one was a Skymax MPB also very good.  Really depends on the straps and the way the weight is distributed - I had a Datrek bag that was light as feather, easy to get on and off but dumped all the clubs on the floor when I started walking.

If you're young at fit carry it! 

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 5th Jan 2009 17:07

I've used a trolley for the past two and a half years, but a few weeks before Christmas I was forced to carry due to a trolley ban.  After the inital shock to the system (I was knackered at the end of the round!) I realised I actually preferred it and have carried since.  I've even been out and bought a new stand bag instead of the new trolley bag I was going to get (the stand bag I had came with my first set of clubs and was, well, rubbish).  I may go back to the trolley for the odd round if it's a particularly hilly course - Hollins Hall springs to mind. 

My new bag matches the new one Tim's got (I recommended it to him after a round at The Belfry but he got his first).  It's a bit fiddly trying to get the straps just right as there's double adjusters on all four straps, but when you get it right it hardly feels like you've got it on. 

user24437
Reply : Mon 5th Jan 2009 17:34

It's got loads of pockets as well, found another one yesterday that I'd missed.  As a matter of interest (due to the upcoming Portugal trip) I weighed it fully loaded yesterday and was suprised at how little it was, 12.7kg all up - and I carry stuff for virtually every eventuality -  or 2 stone in old money.  Not a lot really.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top