Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Cleaning Your Clubs

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sat 20th Dec 2008 22:44 | Last Reply

I've got a winter league game that I organise tomorrow.

We are playing at Weald Park GC, near Brentwood, Essex.

I done the usual tonight.

All my equipment is cleaned and ready to go tomorrow.

I've given the clubs a good clean, no dirt in the grooves any more and the grips have been given a wipe over.

My golf balls have been cleaned and marked ready to play.

The weather looks good for tomorrow and Weald Park is a course I like to play.

I must go through this about ten times a year, so how often do you give your clubs a clean?

Russ

re: Cleaning Your Clubs
user118394
Reply : Sun 21st Dec 2008 06:18

after every round............sad i know

user52922
Reply : Sun 21st Dec 2008 10:01

Clean clubs play better, just like a car drives better when it has been washed.

Last edit : Sun 21st Dec 2008 12:03
user77012
Reply : Sun 21st Dec 2008 11:57

I wipe mine over after everyshot and i always check again as I take a club out off the bag.  With my putter I wipe as it comes out of the bag , just rub my hand across the face and a wipe with the towel before the head cover goes back on.

Before a round my clubs always look like new and this is because i have an ultrasonic cleaner at my workshop. The irons and my putter go in for 5 mins after every round and then wiped dry .It also cleans the the grips which i tend to clean every coupleof months.

user52922
Reply : Sun 21st Dec 2008 14:15

I am with Wayne and David.

user50354
Reply : Sun 21st Dec 2008 19:18

After every round. Also carry wire brush to keep grooves clean during round.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 21st Dec 2008 19:48

I have a small towel, about the size of a bar towel.  It cost £1.49 from Tescos.

During a round of golf I click this to my belt and after each shot I wipe my club before putting it back in my bag.

Russ 

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 22nd Dec 2008 07:50

My in game cleaning routine is the same as Dave L's above.  Also, if I'm close to a standing water or a water hazard I will will give whatever club I have just used a quick swill.  I'm guilty of not giving my clubs a 'proper' clean often enough though.  I usually do it every couple of months or if I've been playing on a course that has been a bit muddy.

user23840
Reply : Mon 22nd Dec 2008 15:45

Clean your own clubs!!

I've got children for that kind of thing.

user30263
Reply : Mon 26th Nov 2012 15:07

I was looking through the Forums and found this chain of posts. Having an Ultrasonic Golf Club Cleaning business the comments have been interesting, even though from a while back. It is good to see positive comments about cleaning clubs, you would be amazed that how many players dont bother. We see it all the time. Many players dont know about Ultrasonic Cleaning but it is the most effective and time efficient method to clean clubs - heads and grips! If any players see Clear Swing Professional Ultrasonic Cleaning services at an event, give them a try, you will not be disappointed!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top