Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Easy Tracks

Posted by: user81455 | Sun 23rd Nov 2008 21:09 | Last Reply

I have a 9 year old daughter who is quite keen on golf and I have taken her for junior group lessons and have been playing some of the local par 3 courses with her.  She has been badgering me to let her play a full sized course but she doesn't hit the ball consistently far enough for me to have given in,  However one of the driving ranges we go to in Nottingham has a nine hole course made up of par 3s and 4 short (300yds or less) par 4s so the last two weekends we have played there.

It is a great little course for her to learn on but it highlights the short comings of the sss system for handicapping.  I have shot 40 and 38 for the nine holes and the course has a par and sss fo 31.  If I entered these scores and tracked them my handicap would presumably fall from the current 26 to somewhere in the mid teens.  On my home course last week and on a course I visited I shot my usual low hundred scores. 

Has anyone else encountered such an easy track anywhere else?

Last edit : Mon 24th Nov 2008 09:57

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top