Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ladies Only Competition

Posted by: user15767 | Sat 15th Nov 2008 09:18 | Last Reply

OK,

We've had a few High Handicap Competitions and Regional Games - How about a Ladies Only Game?

Would anyone be interested?

Where would be best for people?

When would be best for people (Weekday or Weekend)? [I'm thinking Spring 2009]

If I get the interest then I may try to organise something (I may be asking for advise from them that's already done it)

Sandra

PS Please join the Ladies Only Group at

http://www.golfshake.com/society/groupView.php?groupID=1544

Last edit : Sat 15th Nov 2008 22:17
re: Ladies Only Competition
user15767
Reply : Tue 9th Dec 2008 18:33

Thank You Steph,

I'm thinking of re-advertising the Group and trying to organise a game in the Spring (better weather for travelling and playing)

I notice you're on the Ladies Only Group so I'll keep you posted.

Sandra

user15767
Reply : Tue 6th Jan 2009 18:20

BUMP

user77012
Reply : Tue 6th Jan 2009 18:51

Because no one likes to see grown men cry Jonny!!

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 6th Jan 2009 21:19

I think it's a great idea.  Speaking to some lady golfers, they don't like playing with the men for various reasons.  These include the intimidation of some of the big hitters, the not-so-friendly banter of them playing off advanced tees and, unfortunately in this day and age, some bigotry still exists.  The High Handicap Comps were put together for exactly the same reason. 

I hope it comes off and if my missus ever stops talking about it and actually starts swinging her clubs, I'll be encouraging her to go along. 

user15767
Reply : Tue 6th Jan 2009 22:21

Gents,

I just thought it might encourage a few more ladies within Golfshake to get out and play more competitions.

This we then in turn encourage them to play in the High Handicap Competitions and Regional Competitions.

As Chris points out their is still some "Gents play Golf" and the Ladies just cause problems on the course for us Golfers!!  I have come across this myself.

Even on this site I have to remind some competition organisers that the Ladies Handicap is up to 36.  I've seen many stating a split of Under 20 and 21 - 28  No mention of Ladies.

Hopefully it'll come off - I may also get to some of the HHC and Regional Competitions myself one of these days.

Sandra

user15767
Reply : Sun 15th Feb 2009 20:37

BUMP

user15767
Reply : Sat 9th May 2009 16:36

BUMP

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 9th May 2009 17:32

Ladies are always welcome at all of my events.

If these games increase the number of golf played by our female members then so be it, after all it's all about playing golf isn't it?

Good luck running this.

Russ

user99350
Reply : Sun 10th May 2009 21:08

I was all for same sex classes at school (look how the standard has dropped since mixed) so quite right they have their own section.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top