Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

titleist ap2 irons

Posted by: user112040 | Mon 10th Nov 2008 14:39 | Last Reply

Hi they are standard loft/lie, serial numbers are normally on the ferrules coming from the tour van means they dont have them
Kind Regards

I'm watching a set of titleist ap2 irons on ebay and have asked the seller for the serial numbers, the above is the reply. Does this sound like a genuine answer?

I thought serial numbers we're on the hosel?

Last edit : Mon 10th Nov 2008 14:47
re: titleist ap2 irons
user11501
Reply : Mon 10th Nov 2008 14:57

I would say that they are not genuine clubs. If a stockist/seller stalls on serial numbers then my advice would be to give them a wide berth. Why shouldn't you be able to check the authenticity of equipment purchased off ebay.

Genuine retailers would be ok I would think with giving out serial numbers

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 10th Nov 2008 15:01

Does seem a rather elaborate reason but what do I know maybe tour kit doesn't come with the normal factory serial numbers

user77921
Reply : Mon 10th Nov 2008 15:11

If your not 100% sure then stay away!! You dont want to pay hundreds of pounds, only to replace them a few months down the line.

By they way, these irons look amazing, had a look at them for the first time this weekend - have you hit them yet?

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 10th Nov 2008 17:21

Go in with an open mind, try anything and everyting.  You'll know within three or four swings whether they are a yes, no or maybe.  Dump the no's straight away and don't try to force yourself to like or dislike something. 

You going to try the Belfry?

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 11th Nov 2008 10:05

My neighbour works at the NEC.  I'll see if I can scam a couple of tickets.  You off on the 21st?

user26342
Reply : Tue 11th Nov 2008 12:28

Paul,

You will get a whole difference experience at the Belfry. Let us know what you think?

John.

user26342

Paul,

You will get a whole difference experience at the Belfry. Let us know what you think?

John.

user26342

Paul,

John.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top