Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Benross V5 Rescue - Anyone?

Posted by: user71525 | Mon 3rd Nov 2008 17:32 | Last Reply

Hi,

I am currently in the market for a Rescue, something that will go a bit further then my 4 iron (so I am thinking a 3Iron type rescue)

I noticed that a couple of mailorder company's are selling the Benross V5 Rescue for almost nothing - anyone had one or tried one.

Almost worth a punt without trying first at the price they are.

Thanks 

re: Benross V5 Rescue - Anyone?
user52922
Reply : Mon 3rd Nov 2008 17:47

Mark, I have an as new TaylorMade Burner 19 deg rescue for £60 if you are interested.

Last edit : Mon 3rd Nov 2008 17:48
user52922
Reply : Mon 3rd Nov 2008 18:17

Regular shaft, Mark. I don't know how I got talked into it. I have no use for a rescue club as I prefer my irons. I paid £129 for it so it is a bargain for anyone who wants one. I see your handicap is coming down fast, perhaps we should sort a game out seeing as we are close to each other.

user127343
Reply : Mon 3rd Nov 2008 21:35

Hi Mark,

If you are looking for a rescue club be sure to try the Cobra Baffler if you can. I have one and also the Benross you mention. The Cobra is a wonderful club - its so easy to hit lovely high stright shots (that land softly) as it is neutral at address. The Benross on the other hand is very closed at address and I can only hit hooks with it and it sounds awful at impact. The feel and feedback rom the baffler is vastly superior and it has a lovely ring off it when you flush it. The cobras also tend to have shorter shafts than their competitors but they play just as long,

Hope this helps,

Hit em straight,

regards, Michael.

Last edit : Mon 3rd Nov 2008 21:37
user50354
Reply : Tue 4th Nov 2008 08:51

I have the benross V5 rescue in 23*. it is good for 150 to 160 yards and plays a draw shaped shot.

It also has a habit of a 20 yard fade which means it struggles to make the 1st team but does get a run out now and again.

If you want something to sit on the bench then this could be the baby but if your after something to go straight into the 1st team then it's cousin the 7 wood may be a better buy.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 4th Nov 2008 09:12

I've got the same Burner as John P but in a stiff shaft - 19*, 3 iron hybrid.  I tried loads of different ones before buying (I have commitment issues) and for me the Burner and Cobra Baffler were the best two.  I just felt more consistent with the Burner.  On it's day, it's my go to club and whenever I'm in a grassy lie I know I can depend on it to get me out of trouble. 

user24437
Reply : Tue 4th Nov 2008 15:37

I've got an MD Superstrong 21deg hybrid, cracking club - should be able to get the 2008 version for about £40 of e-bay (spsupplies are good).  Not a fashionable brand, but comes with proforce 65 shaft - MD always use good quality components.

Mines good for 185yds on the nail from fairway or light rough. 

user52922
Reply : Tue 4th Nov 2008 18:11

Mark, I live in Emmer green.

user52922
Reply : Tue 4th Nov 2008 19:26

Fine by me Mark.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top