Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Powakaddy battery

Posted by: user127253 | Sat 1st Nov 2008 13:46 | Last Reply

Hi, Brand new to the site and iv'e got a question already, hope someone can help.

My last 2 18-hole batteries haven't seemed to last as long as i thought they would, is it correct that you should leave them permanently on charge in between games ? and as i'm about to buy another one would it be a good idea to get a 36-hole battery and if so what would be the best charging stratergy bearing in mind i only play 2 x 18 holes per week max. I quite like the idea of getting the 36-hole battery as i can imagine it would last a lot longer with my usage than my other 2 batteries. 

re: Powakaddy battery
user52922
Reply : Sat 1st Nov 2008 14:51

The best batteries cost money, Ken, but well worth the investment. Mine is a Maxi and I keep it on charge all the time. My trolley is remote control so has two motors and the battery has no trouble getting round a course.

user26342
Reply : Sun 2nd Nov 2008 19:49

John,

I can't believe you've got a remote control trolley

Is it any good & are they worth the money??

John.

user52922
Reply : Sun 2nd Nov 2008 20:09

Well John, now that you have told everybody I suppose I had better come clean. I got it from ebay some time ago now for use during the winter when buggies are not allowed at my club, as I always needed a buggy in the Summer months, when it was hot, as I found it a struggle to walk the 18 holes without getting out of breath due to my heart problems. 

This was of course long before I suffered knee trouble, which means I cannot even walk with a trolley, even though it is a remote one.

Like everything else that is made in China, there are always problems with the build quality. The wheels are in two halves and of course the water can get in, then what happened to mine was that the two halves of each wheel came apart so I have had to tape up all the spokes on each wheel to keep them aligned. The part where it comes apart to fold it down also broke, being made of plastic (This trolley is an exact copy of a powacaddy)but I have made a very good repair from a bracket I managed to get from B & Q.

The trolley now works fine and I cannot see where any further problems could develop, keeping fingers crossed of course.

You are too young for a trolley, take my word for it.

user26342
Reply : Sun 2nd Nov 2008 20:27

John,

My age says I am too young but my battered knees tell a different story. Before golf I played football quite a lot & over the years I have had keyhole surgery 5 times (left knee 3 times & right knee 2 times). This covered cartliage, bone, muscle & tendon operations.

Hence I cannot carry for 18 holes without my knees screaming out in agony. It is even worse in the winter when the cold makes them even worse.

My trolley is not down to luxury but down to necessity. I hope your op goes ok for you.

John.

Last edit : Sun 2nd Nov 2008 20:28
user52922
Reply : Sun 2nd Nov 2008 20:32

My goodness, John, I did not realise your knees had been massacred like that. So this knee surgery does not always correct the problem then.

My op for a new half knee is next Monday ad I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is more successful than what yours has been. Hope you are still playing well and that we can have another game together some time.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top