Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 29th Oct 2008 10:02 | Last Reply

Darren's golf swing

Luke's golf swing

More online golf swings and golf videos

Regards, Darren 

re: Some new golf swings to analyse :)
user52922
Reply : Wed 29th Oct 2008 10:49

Come on guys, you are both intelligent lads, the video shots from behind tell you what is fundamentally wrong in both the swings. Two of the most exaggerated out to in swings I have seen on the videos shown on this site.

user77921
Reply : Wed 29th Oct 2008 11:04

Im not sure about the intelligent part but it is certainly a problem i know about! My trouble is that this is my "go to swing". So if i dont warm up or think about it then this swing comes out of the bag for the front nine at least. Its probably why my front nine scores are much worse than my back!

I knew i had an out to in swing path, but never realised how much, it really does make a massive difference seeing it for yourself. I will now work hard to put right...this could knock about 10 shots off my game!

user52922
Reply : Wed 29th Oct 2008 11:26

Luke, now you have seen it for yourself, it will be easier to work on getting it right.

user52922
Reply : Wed 29th Oct 2008 11:39

Jamie, it is not me who has to correct it, but if you look at the video the downswing, in Lukes case, is initiated by his turning the top of the body towards the target as the first movement of the downswing casusing the path of the club to be outside to in.

The engine room of a golf swing is not the upper body but what is below the waist.

The body turns away from the ball and a resistance should be felt in the lower back caused by the shoulders doing a full turn against the resistance of the hips which do not turn as much. We are now nicely coiled up ready to attack. The downswing is initiated by transferring the weight from the inside of the right foot to the left foot and turning the hips back to square before the shoulders move. The shoulders should not move forward of square until the left hip is cleared through the ball.

So in a nutshell keep your right shoulder back and hit under the chin and not round it.

David Ley will probably be able to explain it all better and with more clarity.

user52922
Reply : Wed 29th Oct 2008 11:41

Correct, Wayne, the right elbow position is most important and good way to think about it on the downswing is to try and put it in your right pocket as you swing down.

user83555
Reply : Wed 29th Oct 2008 22:59

The 'instincts' of both these swings are fine .... for them !

The swings look better than their handicaps (my view) 

Butch Harmon would work with what they have Leadbetter would try to change it 'technically'

But Hey ! it's a jungle out there !!! I would recommend Butch (if you have the money)

My guess is listening to replies as provided will probably not enhance your games

listening to yourself because you both have had enough advice to 'reflect' is more important - you just need to concentrate on "what you already know"

user77012
Reply : Fri 31st Oct 2008 15:22

Thanks John,enough clarity in your post there fella,just acouple of observations on the causes from me.

Luke , you are taking your club to upright as oppossed to around this is causing your left shoulder to dip,this combined with your right elbow way to high ,you have nowhere to go except push your hands forward( unless your furyk or couples).Your left shoulder is now going to pop up causing your shoulder line to be  way open. (watch Darrens take away and copy) Lower body movement is pretty good. Make sure you extend your club/arms down the target line.

Go swing a club around your body with your arms straigth out infront of you........Where's your elbow??

Darren, nice take away to the top ,where you break down is  the lower body (ChrisW picked up on) its all a little strickly come dancing (sorry mate) . You need to get yourself more connected to the ground (watch lukes legwork and copy  but feel the ground) ,imagine your butt sat on a bar stool and stay seated through out swing .. Go do the carpet drill from " pull hook" thread.

Last edit : Fri 31st Oct 2008 16:05
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 31st Oct 2008 15:55

Ta.

For anyone interested, carpet drill for pull hook

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top