Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

winter balls

Posted by: user16742 | Mon 27th Oct 2008 09:00 | Last Reply

Do you change your balls for winter? or do you play the same all year through?

re: winter balls
user11501
Reply : Mon 27th Oct 2008 11:54

I do change my balls in the winter. Use the Bridgestone 3330 s in summer but because they are a premium ball at £ 30 per doz then have gone to the Srixon Ad333 for winter at half the price.

Any one got any other preferences on a good winter ball, without sacrificing the feel of a premium ball.

user11501
Reply : Mon 27th Oct 2008 13:40

Kevin,

Which of the two types of Burner ball would you recommend ? The Burner TP (Grey box) or the Burner (Red box). For the "better" player which gives the most feel without sacrifing on performance ?

Martin

user77012
Reply : Mon 27th Oct 2008 15:20

Martin if i was you i would look at the Bridgestone E5 or E6 as you are used to Bridgies they are the equivelent of the Titty NXT. You can get some good deals from the US for 3 and 6 doz,(as well as the B330) also a few lake ball dealers in the uk sell them for around £8 doz on the bay, I've had them and were good for second hand . I've been using  B330s for 3 years  best ball IMHO just going through 6 Doz Sriixon UR-Z as I got a deal for 90p a ball but when these are gone the B330s will be back in the bag. I didn't realize you were on Bridgies that explains why youv'e had a great season.

user11501
Reply : Mon 27th Oct 2008 15:33

Cheers dave, however I am not fussed about the NXT, just find them too hard to play with, to me I don't get the right feel, don't know how they compare to the AD333 but I don'y find those too bad.

Maybe try to get some cheap pearl grade B330S off ebay.

user52922
Reply : Mon 27th Oct 2008 18:26

I lost my Ombersley ball today.

user77012
Reply : Mon 27th Oct 2008 20:10

How many installments  did you have left on it John??

user52922
Reply : Mon 27th Oct 2008 20:15

Oh, I paid for that one months ago, David. Incidently I am currently bidding on a lake ball on ebay, hoping to win that.

Last edit : Mon 27th Oct 2008 20:44
user52922
Reply : Tue 28th Oct 2008 08:59

I was outbid, Wayne, it went for 5p.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 28th Oct 2008 09:23

When I buy lake balls from e-bay I normally end up getting some of my own back.......

user77012
Reply : Wed 29th Oct 2008 08:23

Matt, i've done some searching and there are no bargains via the states at present. This is due  to the fact that $ as recovered against the £. I had been buying B330s for £1.40 to £1.60 each inc duties 6 doz at a time. There are a few places on Ebay in the uk selling e5's ,e6's at about £1.40 each del. Take a look at mallardgolfsuppliies on ebay for bridgy lake balls have not used myself but looks ok.

Earlier  in the year i'd won a doz AD 333 , I shared them out with my fourball leaving me 3 which i put into play and was very happy with them,good distance and feel (regretted sharing, only joking). So Matt as i would also as others recommend the AD's as an opotion.

Reply : Wed 29th Oct 2008 09:30

I use mallardgolfsuppliies on ebay for all my balls.  I find them to be really good; pearl grades look like they haven't been hit.  I've tried a couple of others too but Mallard are the best I've tried. 

I think I'm also one of their top suppliers.......

user77012
Reply : Wed 29th Oct 2008 14:57

I see a link here Chirs    Chris to lake,lake to Mallard, Mallard to Chris, Chris to lake

Nows thats proper recycling .........well done Chris I very comendable being so green.

Reply : Wed 29th Oct 2008 15:33

Unfortunately, that recycling is costing me a bloody fortune!  Maybe I should work out a discount package with them......

user129665
Reply : Thu 4th Dec 2008 16:42

i did tend to swop from pro-v1x to a rock hard - titleist nxt tour or something ive fount on the course but lately ive been testing the prov1x and it goes further in the winter than the old rock hard and no lose in feel

so nope one ball all year around 

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 4th Dec 2008 18:43

I don't change my golf ball for the winter.

My golf ball of choice would be the Titleist NXT Tour.

But I will play most Titleist, Calloway, Nike ro Srixen.

The last time I bought any golf balls I called in at Lakeballs.com which are in Hainault, so not far from me.

I only got the cheapest balls, it was 100 Titleist NXT, NXT Tour or Extreme for £30.  Works out at 30p a ball.  The reason they were that price is they all had logo's on them, but at my standard of golf that didn't bother me.

My golf club has two 18 hole courses both with water, this means plenty of balls for me to collect.

I bought a 15 foot ball retriever and it's the best thing I ever bought!  It paid for itself with a week.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top