Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Which winter golf gloves do you recommend please

Posted by: user93503 | Sat 25th Oct 2008 13:01 | Last Reply

Lo all, I had my first winter of golf last year and I dont mind getting a bit damp but my hands were wet and freezing and this I really didnt like at all.

Can anyone recommend a golf glove or pair ? that really do keep your hands dry and  warm still allowing  you to play golf. It seems a lot of gloves do one or other but not all.  I would like to wear a pair and maybe take the right one off to play each shot if need be.

I have read namy of the reviews but I  would prefer a personal recomendation here.

Cheers   Mas

re: Which winter golf gloves do you recommend please
user93554
Reply : Tue 24th Feb 2009 12:34

I had a two pairs of Wilson (I think) wet weather gloves that were made of some sort of cloth material (perhaps similar to the RainGrip above).  They were useless if they were dry, but brilliant when they got wet.  If it was just a bit of on off rain you had to wet them in the grass!!

If you had something like this and some winter mittens to wear between shots you would be sorted.

Paid £2 each pair from a stand  at the Open in 2005, and now wish I had got more as both pairs got nicked with my clubs.

Last edit : Tue 24th Feb 2009 12:35
user24437
Reply : Tue 24th Feb 2009 13:32

I'll hesitate to start off with 'what do you want winter gloves now for, it's warm now!', but as someone who has played throughout the Winter it's been nice to get back to the single glove at the last couple of games.  Not really used winter gloves, have a nice pair of Calloway wet weathers which are brilliant in the rain (the wetter they get the more they grip) but have used hand warmers which I picked up from the market.  They're the type you activate by snapping a litle disc and can be re-used after boiling.

user71987
Reply : Tue 24th Feb 2009 17:13

Maz,

If wet I use a (i think) mizuno rain grip. if it gets cold, i just put my mitts on over a normal golve.

I tried using "winter" gloves and just seemed to lose a lot of feel.

Simon

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top