Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Dunhill Links-St. Andrews, Carnoustie and Kingsbarns

Posted by: user93950 | Sun 5th Oct 2008 13:05 | Last Reply

I love this camera they have on skyHD that shows ball flights, etc. at 7000 frames per second.  Especially in high definition!

Now, as I've played all three of these courses, I honestly can't say which one I prefer over the others, because they should all be on your to play list!  My brother and I played them all 5 years ago on three consecutive days and it was the most fun I've ever had in my life.  Plus the two rounds at Gleneagles.

That said, nothing and I mean nothing can replace the experience of playing The Old Course.

re: Dunhill Links-St. Andrews, Carnoustie and Kingsbarns
user26342
Reply : Sun 5th Oct 2008 21:00

Michael,

I was speaking to some playing partners about this & when they played them they preffered the new course over the old. They reckon apart from the 1st, 17th & 18th it's not that 'special'??. Can't comment myself as I've not played there yet but am hoping the missus will treat me to it for my 40th (she's got 4 years to save!!)

John.

user93950
Reply : Sun 5th Oct 2008 22:59

John

Anyone who tells you that the New Course is better than the Old, well forget it.  The Old Course is not as hard as the New but they are very similar, one with tons of history and the other with none.  I played all the other 5 courses twice each this past June so at least my memory is recent.  There is still nothing like The Old Course.

The Eden Course is beautiful and overlooked by many, the Jubilee is the hardest one of all the Links at St. Andrew's.  

But the Old Course sends shivers up your spine every time.  

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 6th Oct 2008 10:07

4 years if you count backwards Mr Flood......

user26342
Reply : Tue 7th Oct 2008 10:30

Wayne / Chris,

Born 1972, you do the math

user77012
Reply : Tue 7th Oct 2008 15:18

That must of been one hell of a paper round John.......................................

Reply : Tue 7th Oct 2008 16:19

You're telling me.  You wouldn't believe we were born in the same year.  I know, I know, I only look 28, but I am as old as John.

user26342
Reply : Tue 7th Oct 2008 16:39

Chris,

Who told you that you look 28, the same person who said you should play off 18

At least I can boast a full head of hair (a few grey one's I know but it's all still there) & a waistline under 40'

I think I look good for my age considering I've been married 13 years this December & got 2 kids!!

Last edit : Tue 7th Oct 2008 16:40
user77012
Reply : Tue 7th Oct 2008 19:09

Waistline under 40" , now thats just showing off!!

user52922
Reply : Tue 7th Oct 2008 19:12

Isn't he just, David.

user93950
Reply : Tue 7th Oct 2008 21:11

"At least I can boast a full head of hair (a few grey one's I know but it's all still there) & a waistline under 40' "

Still at 34 myself at age 55.  Of course the hair is going fast but none of the gray ones are leaving.

Reply : Wed 8th Oct 2008 09:49

Like my age, my waist is under 40 (just).  My dad's side went bald by 40 and my mum's side grey by 40.  Either way I was screwed.  Turns out I inherited both and am going bald AND grey!  At least I'm not as vain as the Bro-in-law who dyes his hair aged 29 because he is 50% grey!

And when you have a 16 year old boy and a 14 year old girl, keeping things like non-grey, non-balding hair, a reasonable waistline and and stress levels below heart attack level are virtually impossible.  Given that vanity is not something I suffer with (accept you're fat, buy bigger trousers is my mantra), I'll work on keeping the stress levels down. 

Reply : Wed 8th Oct 2008 13:42

Is that 'Karma' or 'Calmer' Wayne?

The army forms are already filled in.  Now all I need is to get them to accept the little buggers......

Last edit : Wed 8th Oct 2008 13:44

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top