Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

I've been lurking !!

Posted by: user52823 | Fri 3rd Oct 2008 09:33 | Last Reply

Hi all, been rummaging around for a while but didnt really bother too much on here, but decided to take the plunge and pay up for membership. Good decision, so many extras and I'm just trying to get my head around all the stats etc. Normally frequent other online forums (Modsquad Golf) but thought I should branch out a bit more. Been playing socially since I was a teen on and off and now fast approaching 40 and getting more into it but still find myself sitting on 28 HC but I dont have an official club HC, just going on what Golfshake throw at me and was amazed it gave me 24.1... Damn !! Ha Ha Ha

Live in Surrey, play my local course Pachesham Park, Leatherhead just because its easy and local, would love to join a club but with the recent monetary problems the UK is facing means I have put a stop to that for the foreseable future !! Play the odd Society now and again and would love to broaden my horizons. The best course I've played so far is St Georges Hill, although the weather wasnt good, I thought it was a top course and look forward to playing it in better weather.

Sorry to bang on, speak again soon

Cheers

re: I've been lurking !!
user52922
Reply : Fri 3rd Oct 2008 11:20

I was an artisan member at St.Georges Hill, Mark in the early sixties and yes, I agree with you one of the best inland courses in this country and IMO far superior to Wentworth.

user80414
Reply : Sun 5th Oct 2008 22:14

welcome to the loony bin mark, enjoy the show

danny

user48806
Reply : Wed 22nd Oct 2008 20:41

Hi Mark

If you want to play more courses around the Surrey, Sussex and Kent area, then our Society could be for you.

We play our tournaments on a Sunday. Every fortnight in British Summer Time, then every 3 weeks during the winter months.

If you fancy a game, pop along to SouthernCountiesCup.co.uk and sign up for one of the remaining tournaments of the year. 

We are a friendly bunch always looking for new members. We have a couple of single figure handicaps and range all the way up to 28.

Hope to see you at one of our tournaments soon.

If you or indeed, anyone reading this fancies coming along, visit the site, then click on Enter Tournament link to sign up for a game.

Simon
secretary

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top