Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Recording putts on blobbed holes

Posted by: user119243 | Wed 1st Oct 2008 13:39 | Last Reply

Hi All,

My question is, when recording putts on the indepth stats tool, what should be entered when a hole is blobbed? Originally I left it blank (0) but this meant my stats were inaccurate so instead i put in 2 putts for each blobbed hole?  Although this is still not accurate it meant the stats were more realistic since for I was averaging roughly 2 putts for the non-blobbed holes

Cheers

John

re: Recording putts on blobbed holes
user52922
Reply : Wed 1st Oct 2008 15:49

The object of the game is to get the ball into a hole from varying distances. If one is going to pick up when things are not going so good then why bother playing in the first place.

I can understand picking up once it is impossible to score a point in stableford, but then one cannot use that round for statistical purposes.

The only true reflection of ones abilities is to play a medal round, few and far between these days, unfortunately, although I did play in the monthly medal last monday.

user81455
Reply : Wed 1st Oct 2008 23:25

I agree with the above comments about holing out but if you do blob and wish to enter your stats you have to enter the nearest whole number to your current putting average which is likely to be 2.  If you play a reasonable number of rounds a month and don't blob too often it will not scew your stats much.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 19th Nov 2008 16:48

I always play strokeplay when I play golf, no matter what the competition might be, stableford, etc.

The reason I do this is that I like to know exactly how many shots I took during my round.

Every round of golf that I play goes on here so I know that my handicap is always true to how I'm playing at the moment.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top