Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

please please please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: user119063 | Tue 30th Sep 2008 02:41 | Last Reply

hello to you all!!!

im after some advice please, just the basic techniques to using my long irons as this is the part of my game that is in need of focus, iv looked on the net but they all seem to contradict themselves!!!!!!!!!

any advise is greatly accepted!

regards , mark 

Last edit : Tue 30th Sep 2008 02:42
re: please please please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
user26342
Reply : Tue 30th Sep 2008 13:02

Mark,

Go to a golf shop & try out a few rescue / hybrid clubs that you would normally hit 4 - 5 irons to see if this helps. Probably not what you were looking for but it's a start.

John.

user50354
Reply : Tue 30th Sep 2008 16:52

Thought this was going to be a beatles number "please please please help me"..

3 and 4 irons would be a widish stance with ball off front heel then swing through the ball.

Problem is because its a 3 iron people tend to try and knock the ball senseless which results in regrets..

Nice steady tempo letting the club do the work...

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 10th Oct 2008 10:22

Something else to consider with regards to the 7 iron idea Mark.  If you take 3 to the green on a par 4 and 4 to the green on a par 5 and two putt every hole, that's bogey golf and a handicap of 18.  Most higher handicaps, myself included, are guilty of trying to gross birdie every hole and that's where we get into trouble.  My aim now is to give myself a par putt on every hole.  If I can do that and 2 putt every time, I'm going to go round 18 over. 

The difficult bit is not letting greed and ambition take over when you know that you can hit that green with your 4 iron.....

user26342
Reply : Fri 10th Oct 2008 13:19

"The difficult bit is not letting greed and ambition take over when you know that you can hit that green with your 4 iron....."

Chris,

I'd say the difficult bit is hitting the ball straight & finding the fairway in the 1st place, you aint gonna have many par putts when your chipping out of the trees or dropping one by the pond!!!!

user26342
Reply : Fri 10th Oct 2008 14:02

Yep, I heard he upped the Lake Ball company's profits by 10% in that month!!

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 10th Oct 2008 20:27

Pair of bitches!  I'm telling my mum.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top