Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ryder Cup - ball choice

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Fri 19th Sep 2008 13:33 | Last Reply

In Foursomes how do they select which ball to use if the players have a different ball choice/sponsor ?  or do we assume all Pros use Pro Vs now

re: Ryder Cup - ball choice
user26342
Reply : Fri 19th Sep 2008 14:07

Darren,

Not all pros use the pro V1, for example Furyk uses a Srixon ball & I'm sure a couple of the Europeans use a different make. I think the desicion must be made between the 2 players but they probably take into account the softness/hardness of the ball, the course set up etc

John.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 20th Sep 2008 21:45

I know on the last one Tiger's playing partner teed off with his Nike on par 4's so that Tiger could approach the green with his own ball.  On the par 3's and par 5's where they couldn't reach in two they used his partner's.  The idea was that the player playing the approach knew how hi ball would feel and behave. 

user81455
Reply : Sat 20th Sep 2008 23:03

On Radio Five they said in most pairings the player teeing off was using his own make of ball and it was within the rules to switch make of balls between holes as long they did not change them during a hole.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top