Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

electric golf trolley help

Posted by: user48641 | Sat 13th Sep 2008 16:49 | Last Reply

hello all

here goes, ive decided that i want to get myself an electric golf trolley now - getting too lazy to lugg around my clubs plus just recoverd from sore back also.  Ive seen this one on the net below and it seems ok but im no expert on this sort of stuff - can anyone advise please ? the battery power seems ok i think as does the trolley - the ones at my local courses/shops are well over my budget.  Id like to spend under the £200 mark.  Im hoping that this will comfortably be able to handle a cart bag + about say 20clubs.

if anyone can spare some time your thoughts/advise would be much appreciated

thanks in advance heres the link - alps

http://www.golfchoice.co.uk/product_details.asp?prodid=64

Anyway

re: electric golf trolley help
user25349
Reply : Sun 14th Sep 2008 09:02

I believe Go-Kart are a good trolley.  Plus, the customer service is, as I've heard, exceptional.

Check their website, their trolleys are £199.99.  You can also order extra's.  They don't look all that strong but if you read about them on the website you know they are decent trolleys.

user52922
Reply : Sun 14th Sep 2008 10:26

I have one of these trolleys that are made in China and are virtually an exact copy of the Powacaddy. Thye have their weak points and one of them is in the plastic joint that one clicks the handle into place. I have had to reinforce mine after it broke. The wheels also came apart as they are in two halves so I have had to tape them up as well. The problem is that these trollies cannot stand the weight of a quality cart bag, a full set of clubs and all the junk we wish to carry around with us. They are just not strong enough.

Alps, at your age you should be traveling light, a carry bag is all you need. I carried till I was 62 when I had my heart attack.

Last edit : Sun 14th Sep 2008 10:27
user48641
Reply : Sun 14th Sep 2008 21:03

cheers chaps i'll definartely check out that link also,

john i usually do carry - main reason for the electric one is that itake my son around also and he has about 8 clubs which get thrown in my bag - hes too young to carry/pull clubs around i think that would just ruin his fun at the moment.

seen a really trolley though today on the course - it was following the golfer round behind him !! theres someone with a few quid to burn !!lol

user26342
Reply : Fri 3rd Oct 2008 11:47

Alps,

If your still looking & you don't want to fork out a lot of money then the Belfry are selling ex-hire powakaddys for £75!!! Not sure of condition etc but it must be worth looking into.

John.

user48641
Reply : Sat 4th Oct 2008 06:26

cheers guys for all yur help - thanks john i'll look into that at the belfry as theres now 3 of us also after them

user48641
Reply : Tue 7th Oct 2008 12:07

after weeks of decisions ive finally decided to go with the protrolley GT300 i looks good !! and i seen it last week in action (good additional features also)

thanks for all your help guys a real help as always

user48641
Reply : Thu 9th Oct 2008 12:24

I seen this one in working condition last weekend hence why i opted to go with this - the 2 year warranty also played a factor in my decision.

all your reviews and opinions was very much appreciated

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top