Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

El Valle golf resort

Posted by: user119156 | Fri 12th Sep 2008 13:53 | Last Reply

We have a couple of front line villas and an apartment on El Valle resort in Murcia. The properties can be viewed on our new website. www.sunseasandgolf.co.uk We can advise on green fees for the course as well as the other Polaris courses in the area.

re: El Valle golf resort
user52922
Reply : Sat 3rd Jan 2009 12:41

An expensive place for a golf holiday in my opinion, especially now with the pound on the floor. No golf course is worth £55.

user52922
Reply : Sat 3rd Jan 2009 23:21

I lived in Spain for thtree years, James, at a time when the golf scene was somewhere near normal in respect of prices. This was mainly because it was the UK golfers that started the boom in the first place and what encouraged the development along the Costas. Unfortunately the game exploded in the other European countries and with all this new money around the whole game in Europe began to price itself out of the market for the normal type player who used to support them when it all first started.

The game is now played by very wealthy people who, in the main cannot play, period. Spend five hours on a golf course and assume that everyone is enjoying themselves. Not for me I'm afraid.

Last edit : Mon 5th Jan 2009 11:43
user52922
Reply : Mon 5th Jan 2009 12:05

This coming year will see a large correction in the rip off prices in European golf when the fairways are bare of golfers. The hotels will have to drastically drop prices and offer deals just to keep them open. A strong Euro will do their businesses no good at all.

user129155
Reply : Mon 5th Jan 2009 13:42

for £55 ive seen places give you two rounds of golf and an overnight stay in a log cabin. - not spain but still.......

user52922
Reply : Sat 31st Jan 2009 16:02

Rachel, you do not play golf, so are not really in a position to attempt to put someone down who is a golfer and has experienced this particular resort.

All the top Spanish resorts are well overpriced and I am quite sure that this year will see a big decline in numbers going to them.

You are an owner, one who thinks that the great british golfing public should support you in your quest to be a Spanish second home owner and expecting to get the exhorbitant sums you are desperately seeking to make the whole project viable.

Well I am afraid that the writing is on the wall and the mere fact that you deem it necessary to come onto a golf forum to advertise your properties tells me that you are in real trouble.

Last edit : Sat 31st Jan 2009 16:05
user52922
Reply : Sat 31st Jan 2009 17:20

I am pleased that it is your final post as now we will not have to put up with your kind on this forum.

I am happy that you are still managing tp get the idiots to pay your prices, but this is all going to change for you. I see many villas unrented throughout the season, many blocks of apartment all suffering the same consequences.

If the pound stays where it is at the moment then I doubt you will do as well as you think you will.

If it can happen to the Florida second home rental crowd it can certainly happen to you.

I lived in Spain for three years and would not have dreamt of renting my villa out. But then I did not need the money to pay a mortgage.

user117101
Reply : Fri 6th Feb 2009 09:50

My word, I am new to this, having joined just a few months ago, but this one certainly got everyone going, John P seems to know what he is talking about and certainly dosn't hold back, I was only looking to see where other golfers go for a short break with sun, JP you must know best golf and value for money, done Okehampton couldn't fault the value but need a bit of sun.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 6th Feb 2009 10:31

I went to mainland Spain last year for a family holiday (non golfing) and the prices were the same as here in the UK, so that made it expensive.

When I go abroad I want the Sun, Sand, Sea and good value for money!

Now the Euro is nearly the same as the pound the good value for money has gone out of the window.

My next holiday will be outside of the EU.

Russ

user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 6th Feb 2009 10:34

The only problem with that Russ is that the pounds value is low everywhere - not just in the EU

user52922
Reply : Fri 6th Feb 2009 10:44

Turkey, Tunisia, Egypt and Morocco are the only places nearby that still offer value for money where  sun, sand and golf are the requirement.

I still reckon that this recession will change the situation in mainland Europe, where, because of the boom times, both in earning capacity and the numer of newcomers to the game, the prices have simply gone through the roof. I can see a correction in all of this mayhem, for the better.

user117101
Reply : Fri 6th Feb 2009 11:46

Thanks for that guys, Turkey sounds good, JP would there be anywhere you would recommend, would be flying Gatwick, is it best to sort own flights, hotel and golf or go through a company, any thoughts.

Regards

user52922
Reply : Fri 6th Feb 2009 14:26

Graham, I have always done my own arrangements as I get exactly what I want in all aspects of the holiday, the right car, the right hotel or villa and my choice of courses.

I am not saying that the package guys are bad just that I feel I can get a better deal on my own.

user117101
Reply : Fri 6th Feb 2009 15:05

Thanks for that Wayne (have a good time) and thanks to you JP perhaps when I get a bit more experienced like you, I would do that.

user235379
Reply : Sat 4th Jul 2009 18:30

i wish i hadn't read this topic, my wife has booked this place for our holiday in August, she always books with courses in mind, that said, we intend on doing nothing but golf (for me) and sunbathing for the family.

user235379
Reply : Mon 6th Jul 2009 13:48

el valle, overlooking the 12th green

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 12th Feb 2013 08:17

Last edit : Tue 12th Feb 2013 08:17

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top