Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Marking a line around your ball

Posted by: user71525 | Tue 9th Sep 2008 13:48 | Last Reply

I want to do this to help my putter allignment but cant work out how to make sure I am going to draw the line straight and in the right place.

Does anyone else do this and how do they do it?

re: Marking a line around your ball
user50354
Reply : Tue 9th Sep 2008 16:53

Try lining up with the balls name - works just like a line....

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 10th Sep 2008 14:09

Why?  Etiquette dictates that you put a unique mark on your ball to identify it as yours and a Pro V1 comes with one on it specifically to aid putter alignment.  Any advantage you can legally get should be taken IMO; the game is hard enough as it is. 

user24437
Reply : Wed 10th Sep 2008 14:39

For what it's worth I never use alignment marks, I find them distracting.  I always rotate the ball so that no marks or logo's show upwards...

Reply : Wed 10th Sep 2008 14:46

You can colour it in if you want Lee.  Best you ask an adult to help you though. 

I use the < NXT > that's on the ball already to align directly at the hole so I can check my borrow.  I also use this as a focus point as I try to keep my bloody head still. 

Reply : Wed 10th Sep 2008 15:04

My breakdancing days coming back to haunt me. 

Mr Whippy is my Friday night alter ego at the fetish club.  How did you know?  Are you the one being led around on a dog lead with the gimp mask on?  I didn't recognise you - the leather isn't in your normal acid trip flashback colours. 

user26537
Reply : Thu 11th Sep 2008 10:40

I add a line on one side and my initial on the other.  The line halps me focus on striking through the ball rather than punching it.  It has improved my putting stroke a lot as I try and make the line on the top of my putt pass throug the line on the ball.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top