Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Brolly recomendations please

Posted by: user93503 | Fri 5th Sep 2008 09:42 | Last Reply

I'm in need of a proper golf brolly and at the moment am considering a gustbuster pro 68" or the Taylormade 68" dual cannopy one thats about 30 pounds with postage. They look prety similar. I wont spend over 30 quid as I lost my last one within a week ( I have no idea how and it may turn up) but I cant face a naff 5 quid one that will pop on the first sign of wind either.

Has anyone any recomendations/guidence /opinions re ANY brollies.

Cheers  Mas  

re: Brolly recomendations please
user26342
Reply : Fri 5th Sep 2008 11:07

Mas,

If you use a powakaddy & have the umbrella holder your selections will be limited as the holder will only take the small slim handle types.

If not I recommend getting one with the dual canopy as it helps when the wind is gusting everywhere.

John.

user24437
Reply : Fri 5th Sep 2008 14:50

A waterproof jacket?  Bloody lightweight.

user26342
Reply : Fri 5th Sep 2008 16:05

Hey,

I never said I used it in the rain it just comes in handy when dealing with arseholes on the course (literally!!!)

John.

user24437
Reply : Fri 5th Sep 2008 20:10

Starting a serious post? Ha!  Now if you were to ask about taking an umbrella into the clubhouse....

user81455
Reply : Sat 6th Sep 2008 22:55

You obviously don't wear glassses or suffer from sun burn easily otherwise you'd know that hats aren't just for girls.  I have a waxed waterproof hat for the rain.  If I put up an umbrella, it is only to keep my bag and clubs dry. 

It is frustrating enough watching slow players in front trying to choose a club but when you add the dance of the umbrellas (up, down, in, out and shake it all about) that it all becomes unbearable. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top