Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Bawtry Golf & Country Club (Nr Doncaster)

Posted by: user10367 | Mon 1st Sep 2008 13:51 | Last Reply

I'm playing a charity event this friday (5th Sept) at the above course.

Has anyone played it able to give me some tips, I've checked out their website and other info but it seems a bit vague suffice to add it's not an easy course apparantly (6900yds)

re: Bawtry Golf & Country Club (Nr Doncaster)
user26342
Reply : Sun 7th Sep 2008 00:01

Wayne,

How did you get on in all the rain??

John.

user50843
Reply : Sun 7th Sep 2008 23:40

And did the die run? 

Last edit : Sun 7th Sep 2008 23:41
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 26th Nov 2008 22:12

I last played here about 15 years ago.  It was called Austerfield Golf & Country Club then.

The course is built on reclaimed sand workings.  I do remember one hole being OOB on the left hand side, basically the ground dropped away about three feet past the OOB posts.

The course was long with some undulations.

I do remember the long par 5, I think it played around 575 yards from the yellow tees.

The hole I do remember the most was the 18th, a medium length par 4 if I remember correctly.  You hit your tee shot and tried to land your ball on a flat part of the fairway.  From here it was a 7 or 8 iron to the green, but the green had a ditch running across the front of it.  But the best thing was the guard in front of the green.  A mature tree!  In the summer you could hardly see the green due to the tree.  This tree was no more than 30 yards in front of the green.

I'd like to play it again just to see how the course has changed since I last played there.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top