Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

little inside info anyone?

Posted by: user93758 | Sat 23rd Aug 2008 13:45 | Last Reply

Hi all

im playing stockley park at the end of september .Never played there, any insider tips from anyone that has please ?

re: little inside info anyone?
user25349
Reply : Sat 23rd Aug 2008 18:07

Hi Steve,

Bring your accuracy with you! Its a brilliant course that I have played a few times.  Its generally unforgiving if you miss the fairway as you have to play a shot out to the fairway to have a line to the green again. 

I'd also consider it quite a long course.  I played there yesterday and had a mare! There are some 'course improvements' taking place and I'm not sure how much longer they are going to take.  The improvements effect the following holes:

Hole 1: Was a par 4 that tees off right outside the driving nets/putting green.  This has now been reduced to a par 3, playing onto the original par 4 green.  The par 3 plays 100 yards off a tatty mat.

Hole 9: Now plays shorter onto a new/temporary green.  Considering the green is temporary, it is still of a nice standard.

Hole 18: This plays down to the original 9th green (before the 9th had a temp green installed).  The fairway is very narrow.  You'll see from the tee box, if you hit it too long off the tee you will end up in the mound of dirt being used foer the improvements.  Generally this hole is a bit of a state until you get to the green.

I had a tee time of 10:16 yesterday and the green fee was £20.  I think from 1pm it goes up to £25 but I think you can also use the Greenfee vouchers.

Overall, its a really nice course with some tough greens.

Hope you have a good round, would be good to hear thoughts on the course once you've tried it!

Lee

Last edit : Sat 23rd Aug 2008 18:08
user93758
Reply : Tue 26th Aug 2008 16:18

Thanks It sounds like a i'm gonna need a few golf balls then .Its a comp i'm playing in for royal mail

user93758
Reply : Mon 29th Sep 2008 22:40

Hi all thought i'd give up an update on how we got on at stockley park . Well its an extremly long walk round . I'm not that slow but it took us 5 HOURS for a 4 ball !

Was one of only two that walked round and never again ! It must have been 1/2 a mile to the 1st tee only to find it was a pitch and put ( mind u i did make my par on it ) .

Also its seems to me to be rather badly laid out with very long hikes between tees. Not a problem if you hire a buggy out

Having said all that i think it's going to be a nice course to play when its all finished .The greens were rather good when we played.

As for the actual club house i can't fault it the food we had was super, and the facilitys were good too  

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top