Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf Clubs on flights

Posted by: user10367 | Tue 19th Aug 2008 10:27 | Last Reply

Check your carrier's website you may have a nice surprise I've just had one.

I fly with Monarch from Manchester every year to the Algarve (in case you didn't know ) and the previous 5 years I've had an allowance of 13kg for Golf Clubs, now having just checked the website they've upped it to 20kg which means I can put my shoes and balls in there now instead of my large case YIIIPPPPEEEEEEE.

Roll on February 2009

re: Golf Clubs on flights
user24437
Reply : Tue 19th Aug 2008 11:06

Thank heavens for that, will be able to take the 3 dozen extra balls after all

re: Golf Clubs on flights
user93950
Reply : Tue 19th Aug 2008 22:52

I just flew Ryanair and asked about the weight issue and it does not count for oversize bags like sporting equip.  It's already being surcharged so the weight does not matter.  But it's always good to check just in case they change their minds.

Also the weight restrictions on the big airlines don't really count on international flights either.  It's not in the fine print, but that is what American told me when I flew back to the USA last month.

Now, if you really want to have fun, just take National Rail from London someday with your clubs!  You have to put them in the front of the train and just hope that they will still be on the train when you get to St. Andrews, or even back to London.  

Maybe now I understand what that insurance is for.....hmmmmm. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top