Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hitting right to left and vice verse

Posted by: user89993 | Mon 11th Aug 2008 20:29 | Last Reply

Hi,

I want to learn the basic fundaamentals behind hitting the ball right to left Draw and left to right fade.

I had a bit of practice at the range the other day and it was not too bad hitting a draw.

I want to know how open or close your stance and the club head should be.

I am considering some lessons but I thought let me understand the basics first.

Thanks 

Jagdeep 

re: Hitting right to left and vice verse
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 1st Sep 2008 13:32

Hitting you ball straight will save you so many shots that I think this is what you need to concentrate on. It doesn't matter if it has a slight fade/draw, try to keep you ball as straight as you can.

Once you can do this correctly then try to add a draw/fade. This will help when playing around obstacles, etc.

If you really want to hit a draw/fade then get on the practice ground/driving range.

I was told/read that to hit a draw you should aim your clubface where you want the ball to go, then address the ball with a closed stance. Move the ball back to the middle of your stance. Then all you have to do is concentrate on swing the club in line with your body. Everything else will take care of itself.

To hit a fade, simply do the opposite. Aim the clubface at your target. Address the ball with an open stance. Move the ball further forward in your stance. Again swing your club along the line of your body.

Good luck with this.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top