Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

CG14 Wedge 60 deg (2 spot) yellow

Posted by: user10367 | Wed 6th Aug 2008 09:52 | Last Reply

Just taken delivery of the above as a gift from TG and looking forward to trying it out, anyone else got one???

Last edit : Wed 6th Aug 2008 09:53
re: CG14 Wedge 60 deg (2 spot) yellow
user24437
Reply : Wed 6th Aug 2008 12:54

Someone is bound to have one

user24437
Reply : Wed 6th Aug 2008 14:11

That's why I haven't got a Vokey...

user77012
Reply : Wed 6th Aug 2008 18:47

Santo, do you recon you could thin the cleveland as good as you can your vokey?????????

user50843
Reply : Wed 6th Aug 2008 23:37

You won't like it Wayne, they're rubbish, you might as well give it to me, I might even do you a deal with a strait swap for something much better like a Donnay, you know it makes sense......

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 11th Aug 2008 12:32

I'm in the market for a 52* and 58* and have tried a few so here are my thoughts.

Vokey - Great at address but don't do the loft I'm after (52*) so didn't hit them.  Gutted.

CG14 - Comfortable, great feel but a little light.  Look just right at address and st nicely behind the ball, even when opened up.  Felt fairly confident with these though. 

CG12 - As per the CG14, but didn't feel as good.  CG14 definitely a better club

Ping Tour W - A little head heavy and looks chunky when in the bag.  Sits really well behind the ball though, looking more traditional and I felt really confident swinging these.  Not as much feel as the CG14, but I think this is due to the chunkier head.  Restricted bonce options.

Taylor Made TP - Didn't like how it sat behind the ball.  When opened up the leading edge lifts off the ground.  I didn't like the look s I din't bother swinging them. 

For me at the moment I'm torn between the Ping and the CG14.  I'll try both a couple more times and then decide.  I may end up being swayed by the bounce options. 

Reply : Tue 12th Aug 2008 04:14

Hmmm thanks Marc.  Been shopping around here un the US and they seem to think they don't do any lower than a 54.  I'd heard the same story in the UK. 

Tried the Ping and CG14 again today (passed a golf on my way to the airport and had a little time spare).  Made my mind up now.  Clevelands. 

Until i try the Mizuno's cos Jon recommended them or I find a 52 Vokey......

Reply : Wed 13th Aug 2008 03:19

Taken the plunge.  Got the CG14's, 52* and 58*, both in 2 dot bounce.

I also found the Vokey's in 52* so I tried them.  Didn't like them.  Cowers from the burning torches, pitchforks and the cries of "Heresy!!!!!"

Reply : Wed 13th Aug 2008 15:10

There's also no point in having one if it doesn't feel balanced when you swing it and there are other options out there that you prefer.

I have gone beyond the fashion victim stage of buying clubs because of the name and now get what I feel comfortable and confident with after trying as many as reasonably possible.  That's why my bag now has Nike, Taylor Made, Srixon, Cleveland and Odessey in there, plus Maxfli if my lob wedge goes in.   

Reply : Thu 14th Aug 2008 05:56

Since when was Maxfli a fashionble brand?

When I am looking for something in particular (such as the wedges) I have a look and see what is generally well rated and talk to people I know first to get an idea as to what I should avoid.  Then I try as many as I can and narrow it down until I hve a favourite.  When I got my Srixon irons I hadn't even considered them until the guy in the shop suggested them when I told him what I did and didn't like in the ones I had tried.  I didn't even get the latest model because I prefered the older ones. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top