Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Comfy & Waterproof shoes

Posted by: user28838 | Tue 5th Aug 2008 15:28 | Last Reply

Since Christmas I have bought and had to return 2 pairs of new shoes as they have let in water. By coincidence, they have also badly hurt my feet.

Can anyone out there recommend some truly waterproof and comfortable shoes I can try next?

I have heard that Footjoy AQL's are as comfortable as trainers. Has anyone tried these?

The shoes I have had to return are Slazenger Pro's and Adidas Tour Traxion SL's.

re: Comfy & Waterproof shoes
user52922
Reply : Tue 5th Aug 2008 16:58

With Golf Shoes, Tony, one only gets what one pays for.

user28838
Reply : Tue 5th Aug 2008 19:33

Fair enough John. What do you wear and are they any good?

user52922
Reply : Tue 5th Aug 2008 19:48

I am afraid that the days of me spending loads of money on golf shoes, is long gone I'm afraid.

I buy mine off ebay now, cheap and cheerful, and try not to get rained on.

Golf shoes have changed a lot in the last few years, they now look like trainers, and quite honestly I would not be seen dead in them.

I always used to wear leather shoes with leather soles. They are still available today but cost in excess of £120 but will last many, many years.

My latest pair are a Footjoy copy with the old fashioned fringe which keeps the water out of the laceholes - cost £7.50 on ebay brand new and will last me a couple of seasons. Require no breaking in and look good.

user24437
Reply : Wed 6th Aug 2008 12:56

My first 'proper' shoes (as opposed to the cheapo plastic waterproof ones) were Footjoy AQL's and I must say they are brilliiant.  Comfy, waterproof, breathable and I can wear them all day.  Got them from American golf for under £50 in a sale.

user24437
Reply : Wed 6th Aug 2008 18:57

Haha.  Just after Christmas - problem is the right one has got something in it....

user28838
Reply : Mon 18th Aug 2008 15:15

Thanks for the input folks. I am taking my Tour Traxions back and have invested in a pair of shiny new Footjoy AQL's. Here's hoping they do the business for me - they felt great in the shop.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top