Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Competition Results - Sorting/More Info?

Posted by: user52109 | Fri 25th Jul 2008 11:34 | Last Reply

Hi there,

I have a couple of queries on competition results.

1) I notice that the results are always sorted by Stablefod points even if the competition was stroke play. Can it be sorted by net score when stroke play is the competition type?

2) I realise that the members report gives a lot of details on handicap adjustments per player etc but I like to pin a notice on our board about handicap adjustments after each event and do not like to print all the pages of the members report.

I am paricularly interested in identifying what handicap adjustment was applied to a member and why? for example. If a member with a handicap of 18.0 comes in with a net score of 70 on a SS of 71 but he also has an 8 at a par 4 then he will be adjusted by a further stroke. Instead of being cut 1 x 0.3 for being 1 under SS, he will be cut 2 x 0.3 due to the par 4.

Is it possible to cover this and the adjustment at the end of the competition results page that already lists; Pos, Competitor, Par, SS, Strokes, Pts, Score, Net etc.

Could we add after NET?

• STK ADJ (Strokes Adjustment) i.e. the player may get a net score of 70 with a SS of 71 but because he had an 8 at a par 4 he may receive an additional stroke adjustment, so this column would state -1.  
  • HCP ADJ (Handicap Adjustment) i.e. this would show that the player aboves handicap was adjusted by -0.6 as a result of his net score and stroke adjustment.
  • REV HCP (Revised Handicap) i.e. This would show that the players revised hadicap as a result of the above is 17.4

This would make it clear to all members how their score at the particular event adjusted there handicap.

3) The competition PDF report has a lot of good detail but could the 1st page be a simple view that is similar to the competition results page that also include the changes requested in # 2 above so that the 1st page states:

• POS
  • COMPETITOR
  • PAR
  • SS
  • STOKES
  • PTS
  • SCORE
  • NET
  • STK ADJ
  • HCP ADJ
  • REVISED H/C

As an example, here is what I do...

Example

Thanks

Jamie

Last edit : Fri 25th Jul 2008 12:17

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top