Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Thumbs up

Posted by: user75236 | Wed 9th Jul 2008 10:02 | Last Reply

In the latest issue of Golf World Nick Faldo mentions a swing plane tip he used when he first won at Muirfield, which was to check when he had swung back to nine o'clock that his thumbs were pointing up to the sky, thus ensuring he was setting his wrists properly.

When I did some practice swings I noticed my normal swing is nothing like this. My thumbs are still pretty much pointing horizontal behind me at nine o'clock. Is this what's contributing to a closed clubface at the top? Would this be a good swing thought to have to get more open / on plane?

This will obviously mean more to people who have seen my swing, but there's a video of me on my profile for anyone who can be bothered!

re: Thumbs up
user52922
Reply : Wed 9th Jul 2008 10:05

Stuart, if you think about it, the one handed exercise I gave you is exactly the same thing. The wrists have to be set right or you cannot hold the club.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top