Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Trying to Get a Handicap

Posted by: user81455 | Tue 1st Jul 2008 23:14 | Last Reply

Joined a new club in April which was halfway through their membership year so I have to wait until October/November for the induction meeting for new members.  Still since most of my rounds are now grouped around 100 I thought I would try to get my three cards in over the summer.

I've only managed to hitch up with two members so far but I am concerned about the legitimacy of both cards.  The first was signed correctly but I only noticed later that I had not got the name and handicap of the marker printed at the top of the card.  Do I need to track him down before I submit this card? I can't decipher his surname from the signature and I know he only plays infrequently so I am unlikely to bump into him. 

The second card is completed correctly but the marker could not complete the last three holes.  It was his first round since a hip op 6 months ago and despite using a buggy the last three holes would have been too much.  He generously observed my last three holes and signed the card but does his failure to complete the round make the card invalid?

re: Trying to Get a Handicap
user93950
Reply : Tue 1st Jul 2008 23:36

Are clubs that anal here about having a marker or signed card? 

I've played probably 500 rounds in the past 10 years and not once have I needed anyone to sign my card for my USGA handicap.

user81455
Reply : Wed 2nd Jul 2008 17:52

Thanks Jon, I am more concerned about the second card as I shot 98 and I wanted at least one of my three cards to be under a hundred. 

Having seen how easily the 'b' word gets thrown around on this site I do not want to have a handicap of 28 and then shoot a score in the 90's in my first comp.

user93950
Reply : Wed 2nd Jul 2008 18:08

What's the "b" word? 

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 4th Jul 2008 12:31

You can't say that word round these parts

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top