Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

St. Andrews: Winter golf package Nov. need at least one partner

Posted by: user93950 | Fri 27th Jun 2008 13:20 | Last Reply

All,

Although I just played a full week at St. Andrews, I'd like to go back in November for 3 rounds on one of those special St. Andrews Links "winter golf package" deals.   Application deadline is Aug 1 and we have to have at least two golfers booked into accommodations to get this deal.  The accommodation once booked will then submit to the Links Trust our details and then they book the golf and take our money at that time.

The golf is one round on The Old Course, plus two other rounds (New Course and Jubilee) on any of the others all for around £120, hotel included would be around £250 total which includes the golf fees noted above.  I've done all the research into B&B's and am all set except that its a minimum of two golfers required by the Links Trust. 

All we have to pay for on or around Aug. 1 is the golf fee to St. Andrews and the hotel/B&B costs are paid at checkout.

In addition, for NEXT year Oct winter golf, the application also needs to be in by this coming August 1.

So, I need at least ONE person to make this work seeing as they don't like us single golfers it seems.

Let me know.

Michael

re: St. Andrews: Winter golf package Nov. need at least one partner
user93950
Reply : Fri 27th Jun 2008 14:07

Jon,

Not sure what you mean?  I take a train from London Kings Cross to Leuchars for around £50-£100 round trip booked in advance.  Then a cab from Leuchars to St. Andrews 4 miles away for £10.

Once there in the B&B or hotel, it's no more than a 250 yard walk to the course. 

re: St. Andrews: Winter golf package Nov. need at least one partner
user93950
Reply : Fri 27th Jun 2008 14:19

No problem.  We only have to let the accommodations know by mid July so they can get all the paperwork started.  You have to have an official handicap and home course for the people at St. Andrews and the HC must be 24 or less for men.

I have at least 5 responses from B&B's and they are all around £250 inclusive of the golf, and accommodations.

National Rail goes to Leuchars/St. Andrews.  Trains are advertised for as low as £15 each way from London to Edinburgh, so obviously booking the train early is key to keeping costs down.  It takes 6 hours from London to Leuchars and is a very nice train ride up the coast.  Considering the airport options, it's probably faster by train once you factor in all the 2 hour ahead of time, luggage waiting time, etc. at the airports.

The cheaper airlines charge £20 each way for golf clubs, plus £xx for suitcase, so those airlines are not much of a good deal for a golfer.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top