Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Don't spend Hundreds of £s on a Driver, get a £20 Junior Club

Posted by: user15152 | Tue 17th Jun 2008 16:08 | Last Reply

Well I was in a good mood today after the US Open Result. I picked up a delivery of Junior Golf Clubs this morning and looked at the new Young Gun 3 Woods. I couldn't believe how soft and whippy the shaft is in the club. I thought it might be too soft even for little kids. I then had an idea:

What would happen if a brute like me hit this little kids club?

Well hopefully if it works the video is below. The club flexes in the initial takeaway and during the backswing is bent the wrong way, it corrects this at the top of the swing as it flexes fully back the other way and then lets me deliver it into the ball fully loaded. I was hitting it a full 230 yards on the fly and straight with at time a 10-15 yard draw. I can't believe how good this club is for £20. Its in my bag tonight for a Matchplay Competition. Going to have some fun with it.

re: Don't spend Hundreds of £s on a Driver, get a £20 Junior Club
user9368
Reply : Tue 17th Jun 2008 16:12

I like the way hold the finish position twice as if you forgot to do it the first time

user80414
Reply : Tue 17th Jun 2008 16:59

Cant belive how "whippy" that looks!!! Fair play though if your spanking it 220+ yards!

user52922
Reply : Tue 17th Jun 2008 17:42

This shows that what I said regarding the little junior club I tried at the range when I took a nine year old down for a swing is correct. I too hit this little club, a nine iron further than my own 8 iron. It is all in the shaft and that was prompted me to open a thread on this subject.

I will have to get myself one of these, as it is obvious that the shaft would suit me.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 27th Jun 2008 14:29

Maybe they don't want to encourage slow play........

user9368
Reply : Mon 30th Jun 2008 13:13

Roughly how far will you need to hit the ball to qualify on the 19th July?

user9368
Reply : Mon 30th Jun 2008 19:47

Thanks V just so we're clear I can bairly knock the ball past 200 yards downhill with the wind behind and with a frozen lake at the end of the range but i do know someone that i think should have a go at this, dont know about regularly hitting 330+ but i have seen at least this distance more than once and he seems to be getting more consistent. Its not until you actually see someone hit a ball this far that you realise how much waffle you hear about the driving distances that some claim to hit regularly. I will advise him about the comp and see what he says.

Thanks for all the prompt and detailed responses.

Colin  

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top