Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Clubs been stolen, done research - are these the right ones to look at?

Posted by: user94589 | Fri 23rd May 2008 18:56 | Last Reply

As some of you know from my first post, all my beginners clubs were stolen and were a mix of Dunlop and Wilson Graphite Fat Shafts (DR2), the latter of which I loved as I rarely failed with them.  But now I will be awaiting a cheque from the insurance to cover all the other stuff that was stolen too so have a bit to spend. So I have done a bit of research and would like people's opinion of the following (all of which I will try to get a good play with) but there is a range of age and tech below up to £350 is as far as I can go:  TaylorMade Men’s RAC HT Irons 5-PW Steel £169, use the savings to get a solid 3 and 4 hybrid with a bit of pocket change for a lob wedge in place of the SWMizuno Men’s MX-19 Irons Steel 3-SW £249MD Black Hawk Combo 3h 4h 4-SW Graphite £249Cobra FP 2008 Irons (Steel, 5-SW) £275Ignite Irons (Steel H3, Steel 4-PW) £279Wilson Staff Di7 Steel Wilson (4-SW with Fybrid Fairway Bridge Graphite free) – £299Nike Ignite (graphite 3h and graphite 4 –PW) £317Cleveland Hi Bore Irons (Steel) 4-PW £299.99 + Cleveland Hi Bore 3h for £69.99The rest of the cash will go on shoes, bag, clothes etc tooAny guidance will be great.ThanksAdam

re: Clubs been stolen, done research - are these the right ones to look at?
user26342
Reply : Fri 23rd May 2008 22:43

Adam,

I would recommend you go to the Belfry for a custom fit which costs £50 but this is taken off the bill if you buy some clubs. The session takes about 2hrs & they will determine which clubs, shafts & loft & lie is best suited to your swing. They will do this for all clubs - driver to putter.

This is much better than hitting about 5 balls off a mat on a driving range.

John.

user52922
Reply : Sat 24th May 2008 11:17

With £350 to spend it is possible to pick up a wonderful set secondhandmade by a reputable manufacturer.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 24th May 2008 23:59

Doesn't matter what the marketing blurb, your friends, your pro or any of us on here say Adam.  Truth is you need to try them and see what you like and what suits you and your game.  When you've decided, make sure you pick a shop that will do a free custom fit as it will make a difference. 

user52922
Reply : Wed 18th Jun 2008 13:04

Why would you want to induce fade, Adam.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top