golfshake.com 'Order of Merit'

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 21st May 2008 16:00 | Last Reply

Latest information on the golfshake.com 'Order of Merit'

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/160/Order_of_Merit_golfshake_com.html

Last edit : Tue 5th Jan 2010 11:42
re: golfshake.com 'Order of Merit'
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 22nd May 2008 08:56

Wow, I only need to card 43 pts at Hollins and I'll be top!!!  Need to get some range time in me thinks. 

user24437
Reply : Thu 22nd May 2008 09:07

Eeek!  I've got vertigo!

Reply : Thu 22nd May 2008 10:43

Don't worry Tim, despite the equilibrium of the universe being pretty unstable with you sitting so high, parity will be restored after the Northern cup and more people have had two cards in. 

user24437
Reply : Thu 22nd May 2008 10:57

I know that Chris, just basking in the glory for now.

Reply : Thu 22nd May 2008 11:44

Drink it in Tim.  I'm basking in the glory of mid-table obscurity.  I'm nervous that a good card at Hollins could lift me into uncharted territory of a potential top half finish. 

Here's a question.  Do cards from member organised events count, such as the Empress Open or the High Handicap (Hackers) Cup or is it just Golfshake events?

Reply : Thu 22nd May 2008 13:19

I only have one card in though Dave and it's your two best that count.  Chances of those above me carding 33 plus rounds as well are pretty slim.  And to be honest, if I card a 43 not only will I not give a monkey's about the order of merit after the round of my life, but I won't get out of the clubhouse without being deafened by shouts of the "B" word. 

As for you Santorini, I'm only two points and five places behind you so watch out!!!

Reply : Fri 23rd May 2008 09:06

After playing with Wayne your eyes will never be the same again!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 29th Aug 2008 13:25
user926 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 29th Aug 2008 13:56

daz,

I'm not sure whether both of the weekend cup rounds should be counted seperately as it was only one event. Perhaps just the best score out of the two rounds should be included.

user11501
Reply : Fri 29th Aug 2008 23:41

Not for me to really comment as I am leading the Order of Merit, but I agree with Phil. The top two rounds for the order of merit should be from two separate events, wasn't that the idea behind it in the first place.

Has any body else any thoughts ? Wayne, Tim, John, Stuart ???

user52922
Reply : Sat 30th Aug 2008 17:45

A round is a round, no matter if they are played one after each other.

Reply : Sun 31st Aug 2008 22:58

I agree with John.  And anyone with matching initials should be barred from inclusion.....

user24437
Reply : Mon 1st Sep 2008 09:52

I've not got a problem with the weekend cup counting towards the OOM - they were two competetive rounds sanctioned by Golfshake.  Playing the same course over two days is no different to the way a lot of the other events have been organised - a lot of people at the Gloucester event had already played the course the day before so theoretically they had an advantage - but I'm not sure it works like that.

I'd say leave it as it is for now, but make sure next years events are clear about which rounds count and which don't...

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 12th Sep 2008 14:13

Just finding my way through some old unanswered forums posts.

Yep both rounds counted individual and was stipulated in the newsletters.  Next year I will ensure one event info page for the 'Order of Merit' list all rules etc to make it clear etc.  I'll admit that whilst the information has been published it isn't in one spot.

The 2 day event is no different to anyone who played at Belton and stayed over in terms of course advantage by playing the day before. The 2 day event ran by us just menat both rounds could count.

Thanks for bringing this up Phil

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top